Question

phone credit limit

• 24 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

So have been a customer since 2016. i never been on auto pay till the beginning of 20. i did it for the saving we receive for doing so. Any way like most of us we would like to up grade and have the latest and greatest. I called today to up grade it was the worst experience and it had nothing to do with reps. i couldnt up grade all four of my phone because i didnt have enough credit? We have 5 cell lines and one tablet. We have always had top tier phones , mostly galaxy s series. now that we are ready to up grade to iphone 12 we cant..that is how i feel. i asked if we could up the credit line. this came down to a big “No”. i mean phones are just getting more expensive and the credit line deal just makes thing a little more difficult. Like i mention i am not late with my payment and am a long time customer. i have had nothing but great experience with customer service. Tmobile should be more flexible with long time customer and extend credit limits since phones have going up every year.   

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The credit limit restrictions on your account are a result of your credit score.  People who don’t have a lot to base their score on don’t always get a fair shake.  To attempt to potentially upgrade your credit worthiness, you will have to have another credit check done by T-Mobile.  If Customer Care don’t seem friendly enough to do this and COVID-19 woes also have an impact on how much credit companies are going to allow as well, you might want to either visit your local store or contact the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  In-store upgrades are subject to a $20 upgrade fee for each device, so perhaps the T-Force Teams could get you sorted so you could order those devices online.  

I’m having the same exact problem. Started with 3 lines 4 years ago, now i’m at 11 lines but still have the same $2800 credit limit I started with. This sucks. You would think 4 years of payments would increase your limit. This sucks.

I just got told that upgrading our 3 phones to the ones we wanted would put us over our available  credit. Then even after going down to the basic iPhone 12 for my husband and I and the 11 for my daughter I would make it fine with $41 to spare, but because I added a 4th line same day but via the phone it will kick out the cost of the 4th line causing me to pretty much pay $400 on top of my already $297 monthly bill. You would think after 7yrs 8 mos and 19 days to the T they would be more willing to work with me especially being on auto pay for the last 3 yrs! 

They actually ended up giving us a one time raise. A rep said it was possible through chat, So I called and complained and told them what I was told through chat and finally got it. They doubled our credit limit. 

They actually ended up giving us a one time raise. A rep said it was possible through chat, So I called and complained and told them what I was told through chat and finally got it. They doubled our credit limit. 

That’s good to know! I was planning on calling them tomorrow anyways, I might as well ask them for the same thing! Thank you!