Solved

I accidentally dropped my phone and cracked the screen, how long do I have to file a claim to use JUMP?

• 23 June 2016
  • 5 replies

I spoke with one of the Live Chat people who told me to file a claim for my device (Galaxy S6 Edge) so I could use the JUMP service. However, I failed to ask how long I had after the incident (today, 6/22/16) to file that claim. Also, do I have any other options? Please help! This has never happened to me before!

icon

Best answer by stevetjr 23 June 2016, 04:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Which JUMP are you on as there are 3 versions, the original JUMP where after 6 month wait you get 2 JUMPs in a rolling 12 months, JUMP vers 2 where you have to pay 50% or JUMP on Demand?

JUMP on demand doesn't include the insurance so screen replacement is on you unfortunatly unless you purchase the additional PHP.

From Assurants website;  File or Track My Claim | T-Mobile | Assurant Solutions

How long do I have to file a claim?

Your policy provides 90-day period (unless otherwise required by law) within which you must file a claim after a covered incident.

If on JUMP 1 and you are eligible to JUMP you file a claim at the above website, pay deductible they will send you a refurb and then you can JUMP.  A faster way is to actually just go to a T-Mobile store, pay the deductible (+tax and downpayment if required on new device) and JUMP right then and there and go home with a new phone.

JUMP 2 same as JUMP 1 but if you haven't hit the 50% mark you will have to pay up to the 50% + deductible and tax/downpayment.

If you do the store option there is no need to file the claim or ship the device as the store will handle all of it.

I have JUMP 2. I asked the guy if I could just go to a T-mobile store and do it, and he said no. Are you sure I can do that? Sorry, I just want to make sure! Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

No problem, I can tell you I have done it. Granted I had Jump 1 but was

eligible to JUMP. I walked in, payed the $175 plus tax on the new phone and

walked in with a broken S6e and walked out with S6e+.

Userlevel 4

You can just pay the deductible in store if damaged and upgrading devices. 😊

-Lauren

Bought my phone last night dropped It cracked the back of It can I exchange It