T-MOBILE support does not speak English

• 28 August 2017
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 2

Five phone calls to fix a simple problem and no one speaks English.

They are reading canned scripts in broken English: "Thank you for patiently waiting", but there is no ability to communicate with them.

I keep asking for a U.S. representative or someone who speaks English and they transfer me back into the same queue.

Is this some kind of joke?

Is anyone aware of how to get a hold of a U.S. representative, even long enough to cancel service?

I've had enough of this and will be switching to AT&T

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you have a prepaid or post paid plan.

I have a post paid plan and in 15 years I was never connected to an overseas call center.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

gramps28 wrote:

Do you have a prepaid or post paid plan.

I have a post paid plan and in 15 years I was never connected to an overseas call center.

It also depends on when you call.  I get a overseas call center every so often when I call in.  Being in Hawaii it's easier to hit that sweet spot.

Userlevel 2

magenta2504706 wrote:

Is anyone aware of how to get a hold of a U.S. representative,

even long enough to cancel service?

Hi @magenta2504706

Welcome to the community support forum.

I am sorry that such an unpleasant experience has brought you here.

There are ways to maximize the probability of reaching a US rep.

Hopefully we might be able to address your concerns enough

that you will no  longer feel the need to switch to AT&T.

I have been a customer of T-Mo's for quite a long time.

Over the years,  I have had my own share of  unpleasant experiences with less than the best audio communications. There have been other discussions of the same issue you are now raising. I am including links to those discussions below, along with the names of members who have taken the time to share their views, opinions, and conclusions in those threads. Some of those members might also be able to respond directly to your situation.

@tidbits​ has already provided you with the number one consideration

when calling for support. The time and day of the week that the call is placed has a lot to do with where your call will be answered. Living on the east coast, I only call between 9am & 9pm EST. I avoid calling on weekends and holidays. That solves most of the offshore call center problems.

The best way I know how to avoid "audio difficulties"

when contacting support, is to not talk to anyone at all 😉

Some of the best support T-Mo has to offer is by (written) message.

I believe, if you were to Contact T-Mobile on Messenger using facebook or Twitter, and broach your original reason for calling phone support, you will be pleased with the highly professional, responsive service you receive. It would then be my hope that you would no longer want to switch to AT&T.

If after allowing T-Mobile's T-Force to address your original need for customer service, you still wanted to switch to AT&T,  please note that you might still have to deal with overseas call centers.

AT&T also uses outsourced call centers. This is excerpt from Fortune dated May4 2017:

"In a report that the CWA issued on Thursday in conjunction with the visit, the union charged that AT&T had shifted some 12,000 jobs from U.S. to overseas call centers since 2011. Jobs moved to Colombia, El Salvador, the Philippines, and the Dominican Republic among other countries pay as little $1.60 per hour, the union said."

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us in this support forum. I hope you eventually receive the high quality T-Mobile support you are entitled to as a valued T-Mobile customer.

You might want to check out some of the other discussions of similar issues to yours.

I'm I the only person upset with T-Mobil's Call support going to the Phillipines?

Please bring call centers back to America

The members below participated in the threads above and some of them might

be available to offer additional responses to your particular concerns.

@theartiszan@smplyunprdctble@snn_555@stevetjr@tidbits

Art

T-Mobile has representatives available 24 hours a day through the chat option on the T-Mobile app for iOS and for PC.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Prepaid card postpaid also routes to different call centers. App chat will almost always be outsourced. Twitter and FB are US based. Still canned responses but I have better luck with communication using social media.  Plus you can send screenshots with social media.

Userlevel 3

Welcome, @magenta2504706​​. I know our Community members have offered a few suggestions about different methods of contact -- have you had the opportunity to reach out for assistance? While we don't have account access in this user forum, our T-Force team does through Twitter or Facebook if online support through social media works for you! That said, we'd definitely like to offer our help. If you don't mind sharing the reason for your call, maybe there's something we can help walk you through here!  😊 Thanks for your time!

- Marissa

Userlevel 1

Overseas Customer Support is aggravating, when you have an issue you also have to struggle with understanding the person on the line. People in different countries have different mentalities and different cultures. They are not in tune to a fluid conversation and understanding. This is a BURDEN on your customers!! not a relief. My family is a 20 Year T-Mobile customer, but this is new low in customer service is just making me think about switching to another carrier.

Terrible Cust support, or lack there of. Most times they don't understand and don't speak English correctly. It takes an unacceptable amount of time to get them to understand the problem. SHAME ON YOU TMOBILE. I'm in the USA PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO CONNECT TO A PERSON IN THE USA who understands. No matter when I call I always connect to a person who is NOT IN THE USA and Doesn't Understand. I'm a long time customer and up until the past year or two there wasn't a problem.

yeah had that problem today, daughter has prepaid getting new phone changing to postpaid....after 45 minutes, got through to someone in sales department who took all the information, did the credit check, took the order, sent the charge through everything. she spoke english.  hurray~~  she called me back, bank didn't put charge through, found out t-mobile put through as hold not charge, couldn't get back with her.  kept getting transferred, people saying is prepaid #, transfer me back and forth, talk over me.....finally i told the lady be quiet and listen....she found what i was saying by "LISTENING" and not just looking at the number.  the b=she said the order was canceled because i didn't return something sent to my email....never got anything in my email....she wouldn't even tell me what email it was sent to.  now i have to drive at least 2 hours to a store which is way out of my way, hoping my car makes it there and back.  if i can find where these people are, i'd like to line them up and start at one end and slap all the way to the other end.  i was a nervous wreck when i got off the phone.  maybe i'll switch to annother phone that has an office close to me in town here.  heaven help deliver us from those who can't speak or understand proper english!

I have a postpaid plan and I must admit that I often have to ask the CSR to repeat what she just said. They are probably very fluent in Spanish but their standard American English needs quite a bit of accent reduction coaching.  

I am a post paid customer on a "premium" account that's tied into the giant corporation I work for. I used to get us reps but no more. Whatever country they are using is awful. The accent is so irritating it grates on me. And they read awful canned responses. It was as if the person did not understand what I wanted. Very bad customer service.

I recently got a CSR in T-Mobile's Birmingham (AL) call center. I was delighted that the spoke English and with an accent I could understand.

Magenta complained about overseas call centers in 2017.  It is now 2021 and the situation has magnified.  What is the best U.S. CST time to reach American customer service  speaking English as a First Language?

I used to always get US support now it is overseas with bad connection people talking in the background and a rep with a heavy accent and vocal fry. I suggest if you have time to hang up and call back until you get a US rep. T-Mobile what happened to your promise of awesome support? In fact that has what’s kept me here for the last six years. ATT had awful support and a world of difference when I joined T-Mobile. Please don’t go the way of ATT!

I have a small business account that I've had with T-Mobile for the past 10 years. ONLY as of recent has EVERY SINGLE CALL been outsourced to some overseas call center. All I ever get are people with heavy accents that are under the impression that they speak clear and concise English, but they DO NOT. ADDITIONALLY, they DO NOT seem as though they are very well trained up either. It is very disheartening to find out that AT&T has already gone that route, seeing as that's exactly the direction I was headed with my small business account . At this point I'm at a loss, I just don't know what to do. Maybe it's a sign that it's time to just say goodbye to it ALLLLL. #TeamOfExpertsMyASSets (NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!)

Currently on day 5 of calling and getting the run around.  Cannot ever get a US rep on the phone always these outsourced jokes that cannot fix anything but offer “I’m sorry”. T-Mobile has become a joke and this is why.  They rarely honor their word and when the call reps get it wrong we as the customers are stuck with it.   Just a new age Sprint.  New slogan should “T-Mobile…we our customers “

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

theres always the Facebook/Twitter route..dont have to worry about a language barrier and you start off with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support.

I work in healthcare with many people who’s first language is not English. It is apparent that they may respond in English but they are not comprehending. The outsourcing of customer service to people who only read English and learned to speak simple phrases is so frustrating. It’s a waste of time and energy. The Philippines is the worst as they respond with that condescending sing song trying to get rid of you when you complain they are not understanding what your issue is. Then they “promise” it is working now and there won’t be anymore problems in addition to sometimes touting how good they are and always fixing the issue (this is mostly the response from men, but the women are more annoying with their apologies and repetition of the script!) Why won’t T-Mobile acknowledge the problems with their Home Internet service at this point. I won’t be recommending until they improve things. If it doesn’t improve in the next week I will go back to another evil ripoff empire Spectrum!

Five phone calls to fix a simple problem and no one speaks English.

They are reading canned scripts in broken English: "Thank you for patiently waiting", but there is no ability to communicate with them.

I keep asking for a U.S. representative or someone who speaks English and they transfer me back into the same queue.

Is this some kind of joke?

Is anyone aware of how to get a hold of a U.S. representative, even long enough to cancel service?

Calling T-Mobile is really frustrating, and the best option is in store help.   

magenta2504706 wrote:

Is anyone aware of how to get a hold of a U.S. representative,

even long enough to cancel service?

Hi @magenta2504706

Welcome to the community support forum.

I am sorry that such an unpleasant experience has brought you here.

There are ways to maximize the probability of reaching a US rep.

Hopefully we might be able to address your concerns enough

that you will no  longer feel the need to switch to AT&T.

I have been a customer of T-Mo's for quite a long time.

Over the years,  I have had my own share of  unpleasant experiences with less than the best audio communications. There have been other discussions of the same issue you are now raising. I am including links to those discussions below, along with the names of members who have taken the time to share their views, opinions, and conclusions in those threads. Some of those members might also be able to respond directly to your situation.

@tidbits​ has already provided you with the number one consideration

when calling for support. The time and day of the week that the call is placed has a lot to do with where your call will be answered. Living on the east coast, I only call between 9am & 9pm EST. I avoid calling on weekends and holidays. That solves most of the offshore call center problems.

The best way I know how to avoid "audio difficulties"

when contacting support, is to not talk to anyone at all 😉

Some of the best support T-Mo has to offer is by (written) message.

I believe, if you were to Contact T-Mobile on Messenger using facebook or Twitter, and broach your original reason for calling phone support, you will be pleased with the highly professional, responsive service you receive. It would then be my hope that you would no longer want to switch to AT&T.

If after allowing T-Mobile's T-Force to address your original need for customer service, you still wanted to switch to AT&T,  please note that you might still have to deal with overseas call centers.

AT&T also uses outsourced call centers. This is excerpt from Fortune dated May4 2017:

"In a report that the CWA issued on Thursday in conjunction with the visit, the union charged that AT&T had shifted some 12,000 jobs from U.S. to overseas call centers since 2011. Jobs moved to Colombia, El Salvador, the Philippines, and the Dominican Republic among other countries pay as little $1.60 per hour, the union said."

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us in this support forum. I hope you eventually receive the high quality T-Mobile support you are entitled to as a valued T-Mobile customer.

You might want to check out some of the other discussions of similar issues to yours.

I'm I the only person upset with T-Mobil's Call support going to the Phillipines?

Please bring call centers back to America

The members below participated in the threads above and some of them might

be available to offer additional responses to your particular concerns.

@theartiszan​ @smplyunprdctble​ @snn_555​ @stevetjr​ @tidbits

Art

Bull everytime I call it's never anyone in the USA, they don't know anything and it's all scripted..I'm ready to leave t mobile