Solved

Locked out of account and support is unable to help?

• 8 June 2018
  • 7 replies

My personal phone died about 2 weeks ago - it won't even power up anymore. I've been using my business phone as a backup while I looked at new phone options. Tonight I decided to just buy a new phone, but could not log into my t-mobile account. I tried resetting my password but got a screen telling me I'd have to enter a verification code (via text) or answer my security questions. Knowing I couldn't receive the text, I tried my security questions, but having set them 8 years ago when I opened my account, I didn't have the answers.

So... I called support... but support COULD NOT reset my password, send me a temporary password, reset my security questions, or send me the verification code that can be sent via text. Basically, the call was a waste of time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I want to be able to access my account and being unable to without having to go to a store is frustrating. After 8 years as a T-mobile customer, issues like this are driving me toward dropping T-mobile as my carrier and going with another provider.

icon

Best answer by qktreasures 8 June 2018, 08:09

View original

7 replies

Badge +1

Hey bud so here is a option to get that text code verification, you can install the tmoT-Mob digits app on your work phone & use that to receive the text on your personal line. Also could you just remove the Sim card from personal phone & put it in your work phone or another unlocked GSM phone? You can also log into tmo digits from any tablet or laptop/PC as well. Lastly what kind of phone is this, maybe there is a way to trick the phone to charge & turn on?

If there is anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day!!    

All the best,

Ron.

Userlevel 4

Hey @magenta5147617 

Sorry to hear about your phone and the fact that you are having such a rough time logging in to buy a new one! I just wanted to check in here to see if the suggestions that @qktreasures (ron) made were helpful. Please let us know if you still need help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey!

Have you given the suggestion above a shot? Please let us know that works out for you. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi again!

Please let us know if you've tried the suggestion above. Thanks you!

This suggestion does work as the digits app requires you to login with your T-Mobile account information and even with remembering its requests a verification to be sent to the cell phone with a text message.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

What about switching SIM cards? 😕

Have you tried using volume down button and on/off button simultaneously.  Hhold these down for at least ten seconds to see if the phone restarts.  It worked for my "dead" LG G8.  Your phone may have a different combination of reset buttons so check You Tube as I did.

Edit:  Oh my golly, I just noticed that the original post was 3 years ago.