T mobile Coverage Maps = LIES !

lacoolass

T mobile coverage f****** sucks. I don't care what the coverage map says because its wrong. I NEVER have coverage or only 2 bars and I have an Iphone 7. This  is crazy . I'm looking for a different company who actually have service and its a shame because I been with t mobile is F***** 2007!

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: T mobile Coverage Maps = LIES !

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time getting coverage What is your ZIP code? Also, is the coverage any better when you are outdoors?

• magenta2713436

I totally agree: the T-Mobile Coverage Map lies and so do the customer service reps.  I'm traveling in an RV and for the past 6 weeks in the Dakotas, Montana, and Wyoming I've been without T-Mobile coverage most of the time.  For all the RV parks I stayed in the T-Mobile Coverage Map shows coverage but I cannot get it.  When I called customer service from Billings Montana I was told that T-Mobile has ZERO coverage in the entire state of Montana.  I had coverage in some locations but not in the RV Park I was in.  The T-Mobile Coverage Map shows excellent coverage at the park.  ATT does have excellent coverage all over but I'm out of domestic roaming bytes till next month. 

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta2713436

What was the ZIP code of that RV park and what kind of phones do you have? I would like to take a closer look at it.

• magenta2713436

57078 Yankton KOA

57301 Dakota CG

57702 Rushmore Shadows

59101 Billings Village

iPhone 7 and 8

Greg

• tmo_chris

Thanks Greg,

I took a look at all of those parks and we do have coverage in all of them. The coverage is LTE700 which both your phones support but it is pretty sparse. We also have roaming agreements with AT&T there so if you are unable to get on T-Mobile signal, the AT&T should pick up as well. I know that the data is capped while roaming but you should still have unlimited talk and text so you would not be without some form of communication if there was an emergency. While looking at the locations, I did not see any immediate plans for enhancement but that is not to say that it will never happen, we just don't have anything in the books at this time

• joe1994

Unfortunately no matter what carrier you go with your eventually go9 to have coverage issues. My home town is Las Vegas and I k now all the big four carrier's in Las Vegas have dead zones including verizion. The only carrier I had 98%-99% coverage was project Fi.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  • averyfreeman

Hi

I just wanted to piggy-back on the original post

I was looking at the coverage map, and I can say from experience my LG V30 drops coverage just north of Shelton, WA on HWY 101 and will not receive a signal the rest of the way to Hoodsport, WA for a solitary second

The coverage map says these areas all have 4G LTE

I actually bought the LG V30 because it was one of the first models to support 600 MHz, I was hoping to be able to get coverage in rural areas

I want to reiterate - not just weak or slow signal. I get NO signal.  This is right on highway 101, too - basically the only major highway to go through this area.

My girlfriend (who also has T-Mobile) same thing on her iPhone 6S.  My iPhone 6 got no signal before I got the LG V30 which is why I switched (6 apparently no 700 MHz either)

What are some of the reasons I might not get any coverage whatsoever when the map says it's available?

T-mobile basically works great anywhere else I go in Western WA except for a short section of interstate 5 between Centralia and Longview.

• magenta8774802

dito please reference my other posts. I am a disabled customer that has zero service in my house without a tower booster. tmobile's answer to me filing a complaint with the FCC was they would only communicate in writing through their legal department. Tmobile considers an FCC complaint as filing legal action.

Yes not quite sure how the FCC directs them to communicate or respond to a complaint if all they do is cut off communication and refer to legal. FCC needs to investigate this practice. Refused clarification of coverage when requested by disabled customer in need of reliable service.

• blackkbelt

I can tell you that there is no coverage in Zip Code 12737 Glen Spey NY near Mohican Lake.

All four cell phones iPhone XR had zero bars. I used AT&T Wifi Hotspot for coverage.

T-Mobile please don't make claims that you can't support.. Terrible Service.

• magenta10623408

I totally agreed with how inaccurate the coverage map is with T-Mobile. I live in St Paul, MN 55102.(live in Downtown) Been with T-Mobile for 5+ years and as long as I could remember I always got 1 to 2 bars inside my home. In my backyard I only get 2 bars. I have complaint many times and always gets the same Response like “have you tried cell Spot or boosters”. I have used T-Mobile sent booster twice and had to sent it back because I was getting the same 1 to 2 bars. but when I went to few cities away at St Anthony, MN to meet few friends I got 4 bars.
                          Worse is when I went to Lutsen, MN for vacation, I couldn’t even open one app like google maps And couldn’t even sent one text message. Even though the coverage map say good service.
                          spoke with T-Mobile support today (05/24/2020) and got the same response about booster and they said merger with Sprint will help a lot.

This is ridiculous

• formercanuck

I agree as well.  I've been after T-Mobile for 5 years now to fix a similar area in Los Angeles County.  I'lve had the same robotic request (and tried) cell booster as well as 'home internet router'... All end up with 'No Service' or 'Emergency SoS' on AT&T or Verizon - which each has 4-6 LTE sites covering the same area.

Back in 2016 they claimed 'Band 12 / LTE 700' and used MS-Paint to fill in the entire area.

LTE 700 isn't reachable, and when service ends... its on 2G or AWS2100... not LTE700/Band 12.

I would recommend filing a complaint with the BBB if T-Mobile has made misleading claims.

As an FYI, I've filed at least 50 tickets for this area, as well as a few complaints to T-Mobile's "Office of Executive Management".

I've made recommendations to fix their coverage map, as it is innaccurrate, however, they have refused.

tmobile-extrange1.png

tmo-2020-91390.png

• miket

No carrier can/does provide 100% coverage within a given City.  Example - both LA (in thr Hollywood Hills) and the Bay Area hills have very steep  hills with crevices that no signal can get to houses and roads at the bottom.  Even Vz. has dead areas.  

That said - everyone should check with neighbors to see who they use before signing up w. a carrier.  Or, better yet, get a cheap prepaid service and use it for a couple weeks to see if it works where you need it,

• formercanuck

I don't expect that T-MObile should cover every area, nor did T-Mobile claim to actually service this area when I signed up.

They DID however claim to cover many of these areas AFTER claiming 700MHz/B12 deployment, when B12 wasn't even deployed on the cell site until nearly 12 months after they made the claim.  I would prefer it if they didn't make the false claim in many of these areas.

Whether its downtown West Village Cambria, CA or the communities of Sleepy Valley and The Oaks., T-Mobile's cell site that 'attempts' to reach this area is +8 miles away, ontop of a mountain.

As I have mentioned... This stretch of +5 miles of highway and community (also Hollywood backlots) is covered by 6 Verizon LTE sites and 4 AT&T LTE sites.

Google Maps

Google Maps

t-mob-magic-mtn.png

Capture+_2020-01-06-11-34-55.png

• formercanuck

It's no better when I go through Michigan... and it is relatively flat.

In the UP from St. Ignace to Sault Ste. Marie, there are a total of 3 T-Mobile sites... one in St. Ignace, one in Kinross, and one (on I75) in Sault Ste. Marie

That is 50 miles.  Guess what - there are large gaps of 'No Service' for nearly 20 miles of that trek - but T-Mobile claims that there is ... service.

This is with an LTE 600/B71 device as well.