LG V40 ThinQ RCS

vampirerove86

Can T-Mobile provide a timeline on when the LG V40 will be able to utilize the RCS Universal Profile? Seems like this is going to be an extremely slow moving process for newer devices that should be supporting this right out of the box and with Samsung getting first dibs for whatever reason.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: LG V40 ThinQ RCS

Hey there!

There's not currently a time-line available, but I've bookmarked this thread and should we get any additional info I'll come back to update!

• vampirerove86

It's a tough pill to swallow when T-Mobile blatantly parades around the fact that they are going to give Samsung users EVERYTHING first and when we ask, "What about the rest of us? We're your customers too." We're always told every single time, "We don't have any information or anything to announce just yet but stay tuned." It's very frustrating and disheartening and discouraging and just plain rude at this point. Same with the Android Pie update. Samsung users will get it first and the rest will be told, "We have no information but please stay tuned." That's a problem for me.

• vampirerove86

Any news??

• anthony602

Ten months later and there's STILL no support for the V40!

Seriously this is causing problems.

Such as: I use the Google Messaging app because the stock 'Messages' app is garbage, but my mom and one of my friend on TMO have  Samsungs and *every time* they send me messages (onle them), the messages come in on the wrong app.

Wanna know why? Because those messages are 'Chat' vs everyone else sending 'Text Messages' or 'MMS'.

The messages are coming in on the wrong app because TMobile refuses to enable the Universal 1.0 profile for LG phones.

What is it TMOBILE? DO YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF CONTRACT WITH SAMSUNG TO TANK OTHER PHONES!?

We want Universal profile on the V40 NOW!

This is ridiculous!

1 of 1 people found this helpful