2 of 3 people found this helpful
It could very well be the APN settings.
- Name: T-Mobile US
- APN: Fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) or epc.tmobile.com (for non-LTE devices)
- Proxy: <Not set>
- Port: <Not set>
- Username: <Not set>
- Password: <Not set>
- Server: <Not set>
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS proxy: <Not set>
- MMS port: <Not set>
- MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication Type: <Not set>
- APN Type: default,supl,mms ORInternet+MMS
- Default Android provides a text field to enter: default,supl,mms.
- Samsung provides anInternet+MMS radio button to select.
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6 or IPv4 only when roaming internationally
- Turn APN on/off: Grayed out unless there are multiple APNs
- Bearer: Unspecified
Thank you for the settings, but they were already well set. It should be something else...
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Find out which provider you are roaming on to and then add their APN to the device manually. Do not set the APN as the default APN though. Some roaming settings on the device might be out of date where adding in an APN for that carrier can sometimes fix the issue.
Were you able to get the data working using the steps above?