Just make sure the APN settings are all correct.
APN & data settings
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'NETWORK CONNECTIONS,' then tap More networks.
- Tap Mobile networks.
- Tap Access Point Names.
- To reset your APN, tap the Menu icon and then tap Reset to default.
- If available, tap the T-Mobile US LTEAPN (the bullet point fills with green).
- To verify your APN, tap T-Mobile US LTE with the bullet point filled with green.
- Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
- Name: T-Mobile US LTE
- APN: fast.t-mobile.com
- Proxy: <Not set>
- Port: <Not set>
- Username: <Not set>
- Password: <Not set>
- Server: <Not set>
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- Multimedia message proxy: <Not set>
- Multimedia message port: <Not set>
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication type: None
- APN Type: default,supl,mms OR Internet+MMS
- Default Android provides a text field to enter: default,supl,mms
- Samsung provides an Internet+MMS radio button to select.
- APN protocol: IPv6
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4
- Turn APN on/off: APN turned on
- Bearer: Unspecified
- Mobile virtual network operator type: None
- Mobile virtual network operator value: <Not set>
- Tap the Menu key in the top right.
- Tap Save.
- Tap the desired APN profile you want to use. The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.
Checking in here to see how things are going? Did setting the APN help?
Didn't work on mine. It does show text messages when I'm at the desktop but from the lock-screen it stays 't-mobile' and I can't see if there are messages unless I move past the lockscreen.
Not sure if related, but I also have a Galaxy S7 from AT&T that's unlocked. I'm using the settings that snn555 posted, except for the following:
- APN protocol: IPv4
- Turn APN on/off: APN turned off
I have to set APN to IPv4 because setting it to IPv6 breaks my ability to use the web. I'm not sure why. In any case, the issue is that if I don't install and enable TMobile's Visual Voicemail app, then if I don't reboot my phone each day, voicemail notifications stop appearing until I reboot my phone. Leaving the Visual Voicedmail enabled isn't a problem, but this app is buggy and has a tendency to show you some annoying message about not being able to connect to the network several times a day. When I disabled the app, I had to start rebooting my phone each day again.