My wife and I moved over from Verizon 2 months back after a recommendation from my friend. He has been using T-Mobile and was getting faster speeds than my WiFi at home. Anyway speed test will show me and my wife getting great download speeds, 25 mbps + down, to the usual less than 1.0 mbps down. I have reset my APN, I have put a manual APN, and I have wiped my phone factory settings in an attempt to fix this issue. Nothing has worked consistently. Anyway the specifics:
Mine: Note 8
Looking for an answer. I'm stuck on a 2 year contract with subpar speeds and want to see what can be done.
Different devices perform differently for various reasons. Your Note 8 lacks band 71, which might potentially be the difference. You could try flashing your Verizon Note 8 to the XAA and then to the TMB U. It won't make that huge of a difference because the hardware is exactly the same, but that will make your Note 8 almost exactly the same as what you would get from a T-Mobile store. Carrier aggregation and radio firmware better tuned fornT-Mobile's network and some bloat is all that will change by switching firmware. Information, tutorials, and firmware links can be found in the XDA-Developers Note 8 sub-forum.
Manage your T-Mobile account