SyncUP Drive needs workaround to work with 2019 Subaru Crosstrek

skifellows

So on the Sync UP compatibility website, it says that the Sync UP hasn't been tested with a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek.  I've had my Crosstrek now for about 3 months, and moved over my Sync UP from my 2016 Crosstrek.  It connected fine, and I was able to set up a new vehicle. All the app and wifi functions fine, even with the newest SyncUP app.

HOWEVER, there is a conflict with the Subaru Starlink System, which connects to the their servers at start-up. If the SyncUP and Starlink boot up in the wrong order, Starlink can't connect and throws an error and the Starlink functions won't work. (I've even gotten texts from Starlink Central that they see my car went off line, and asking me if everything is ok.)

WORKAROUND:  Unplug the SyncUP module until the Starlink light goes green and stays green for 10-15 seconds.  Then re-plug in the SyncUP and everything proceeds normally.  You will get a notification that the SyncUP has been unplugged, and then that a trip is starting.

My SyncUP was manufactured in July, 2018, so if there is newer hardware, I haven't been able to try it.  Anyone else have a different experience? Does it work with a newer SyncUP module?

2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited with Nav system.

All replies