False Coverage Map

magenta9995396

Has anyone else noticed that T-Mobile’s coverage map is misleading and flat out wrong?  Part of the reason we joined was due to their claim of having full coverage in a part of Wisconsin.  First time we were there we had zero service through T-mobile, and we ended up on a AT&T network.  That then treated our service as roaming and did not allow for us to use data.  I proceeded to call T-mobile and they confirmed their map is wrong and they use a roaming partner (AT&T) there and “appreciated the feedback”.  Despite that, they haven’t corrected the issue.  Seems like a false claim T-Mobile should be held accountable for.  Anyone else come across this?  And did they report this to any regulatory authorities? tmobile-admin

All replies

• magenta9996183

Re: False Coverage Map

I am having coverage problems in NC, when their Map show T-Mobile is covering the area but I get NO SERVICE and even when I am looking at cell phone towers.  Went to a local T-Mobile store in Norfolk, Va and they just told me that if I had my phone set for roaming it would not work with T-Mobile

• eddiesalterego

I'm in Texas and I'm having the same issue. The coverage map is a lie. I haven't reported it because I haven't figured out who I need to report it to. Customer support is zero help and I don't think tmobile has any plans to correct their map. The just continue the lie because it brings in customers.

• airborneric

Just switched from AT&T to T-mobile.  I thought T-mobile would be better, but I was wrong.  I have had more dropped calls and lack of service from T-mobile than I ever did with AT&T (I do not like AT&T so please don't think I am defending them).  All 4 of us on my plan are feeling the same way.  If I don't have WIFI calling enabled, I cannot make a call from inside any building.  If I don't have WIFI - no phone, no texts.  Pretty much ridiculous as an actual phone.  I am currently sitting next to a window in my house, cannot make a call.  I literally have to go outside - THEN I can make a call.

EVerywhere we used to have service with AT&T - does not with T-Mobile.  The coverage map is a lie - or at a minimum extremely stretching the truth.

• daniel77351

Onalaska-Livingston Texas - same thing. We have ZERO service around this area, even though the coverage map shows solid pink (checked before we migrated from Verizon). Ridiculously, cannot send text messages most of the time when we are not at home... Very bait-n-switch.

• formercanuck

Anything that is showing as 'light' magenta (fair coverage) is typically 'You will be lucky outdoors to find ANY usable service'.

I've been through many states, and even locally, where T-Mobile claims '4G LTE Verified' there is 'No Service' to be found from T-Mobile.

Network scan outdoors - in the open brings up... AT&T 3G/LTE, Verizon LTE and Firstnet LTE.  T-Mobile is nowhere to be seen.

I've escalated this issue MANY times with T-Mobile and their 'Office of Executive Management' through BBB and emails to last CEO.

Their OEM is exceptionally hostile and does nothing to resolve anything, except ask 'Why are you using T-Mobile where it doesn't work' ?  Which brings me to legitimately respond:  Why doesn't T-Mobile have working service where they claim ?  I'm paying for the service, but not receiving.

5 years later... still no service in an area John Legere and Neville Ray claim... 4G LTE verified service.

Response:  T-Mobile claims that a 'verified' marker only means that their network received a 'ping' from someone's device.  I.e. An attempted connection - may not have even shown up on your device.