Solved

Usage shows incoming and outgoing messages between my husband and I during times I wasn't texting him.

• 8 October 2019
  • 5 replies

T-mobile usage shows incoming and outgoing texts between my husband and I that lasted all day up to almost 4am. I was asleep during that time. From the usage under his number it shows we were talking all day, but from my usage it shows when we were actually talking and the correct times. I am aware of the time difference but I converted the times to my time zone and still we weren't texting each other during those times.  He doesn't really know how t-mobile usage works but he does know I can see who he texts. Maybe he isn't aware I can see time as well... Could this be an error on the usage and instead of showing the actual phone number he was texting, it's just showing mine repeatedly? Or could he be texting someone else but making it seem like he's texting my number?

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 14 October 2019, 17:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Usage shows time and number texted (both incoming and outgoing).  Doesn't show contents.

Just look at the detail.

Userlevel 3

Hey there!

This could make things confusing for sure. How far are off are the time stamps on your phone vs the call detail? Also, do you know how long this has been going on? Some delay is normal but if it's really off, that's definitely something we need to take a closer look at.

As far as I'm aware it has only happened on that day.  In my umessages and my usage details last time we texted was around 9pm (7pm in tmobile app) the times match both on my phone and under usage. But in his usage the text keep going all the way to 4am (2m in tmobile app) . I would say after we stopped texting, in his usage it shows there were 17 incoming and outgoing messages combined that don't show up under my text messages or usage, but they show up under his usage. 

Userlevel 3

Got ya! With it only happening on that single day, it's possible there was a delay in the usage reporting. If you notice this happen again, I recommend contacting us so we can file a ticket for delayed usage.

Badge

j