Switch to T-Mobile from AT&t.

ruby3359

I switched October 13th from AT&t to T-Mobile. I switched over with a Sony xz-2. Which has been 12 but is not certified with T-Mobile definitely does not have band 71. Seems to work but when I do speed test it seems pretty slow on the speed test. Good morning at the speedtest.net app is working or not.

I did bring over a note 8 which has band 12 and it certified on T-Mobile, have not test that one out fully yet.

I was just wondering because I have full signal on my Sony xz-2 but it's still only pulling down about two to three megabits download. Where I am at currently. Which is sylmar California.

Any helpful insights would be greatly appreciated.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Switch to T-Mobile from AT&t.

Do a network reset.

Sometimes switching carriers requires this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • drnewcomb2

The XZ2 should be a very capable phone with T-Mobile. If it's not able to utilize its 5-way carrier aggregation, you may have low speed. Do you know if it has some sort of engineering menu? 

• ruby3356

ruby3359 wrote:

I switched October 13th from AT&t to T-Mobile. I switched over with a Sony xz-2. Which has been 12 but is not certified with T-Mobile definitely does not have band 71. Seems dgcustomerfirst to work but when I do speed test it seems pretty slow on the speed test. Good morning at the speedtest.net app is working or not.

I did bring over a note 8 which has band 12 and it certified on T-Mobile, have not test that one out fully yet.

I was just wondering because I have full signal on my Sony xz-2 but it's still only pulling down about two to three megabits download. Where I am at currently. Which is sylmar California.

Any helpful insights would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure your APN settings are correct.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, ruby3359!

Make sure you have everything updated on your phone according to this: Bring your own device (BYOD) guide .  From looking at the area you're in, you shouldn't have any problems pulling faster speeds.

• collinsd13

You shouldn’t. You’ll be promised all types of service improvements you won’t be getting anytime soon or ever.
                Like me, for example. I live in Northeast TN, that needs 600mhz coverage badly because they tech ”experts” think that 4 towers in my city will make for a dense network. I guess they forgot about Verizon’s 15+ towers in my city. And where I was promised that the 600mhz would be in my area by the end of October, now that date got pushed to Feb 2020, confirming that my city won’t be getting this so called “nationwide 5G”.
                kinda feel silly upgrading to band 71 devices and t IMMOBILE will never bring the coverage type to my area that needs it the most. They only care about big cities.

• jennifer888

You shouldn’t. You’ll be promised all types of service improvements you won’t be getting anytime soon or ever.

Like me, for example. I live in Northeast TN, that needs 600mhz coverage badly because they tech ”experts” think that 4 towers in my city will make for a dense network. I guess they forgot about Verizon’s 15+ towers in my city. And where I was promised that the 600mhz would be in my area by the end of October, now that date got pushed to Feb 2020, confirming that my city won’t be getting this so called “nationwide 5G”. myfedloan

kinda feel silly upgrading to band 71 devices and t IMMOBILE will never bring the coverage type to my area that needs it the most. They only care about big cities.

Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, thank you very much.