Issue with home internet 2.4GHz band

rohrbachds

Today all my devices connected to my wifi via 2.4GHz band lost connectivity. I've tried restarting the modem, checked all the settings, and even reset the devices themselves. In the settings it shows 2.4GHz is still active. Everything on the 5GHz network is still functioning and can connect to the internet with no problem. When I try to connect to the 2.4GHz on my PC I just get a message saying it was unable to connect to the network. How can I resolve this?

All replies

• rohrbachds

Re: Issue with home internet 2.4GHz band

After about 2 hours down it appears to have somehow reset or fixed itself, everything is working fine now on 2.4GHz and 5GHz

• laserg5226

I have the same problem. Have Spectrum internet, Docsis 3 modem, Asus T-mobile wifi router and Netgear slave router. Have Amazon echos, Google Home and many smart wifi switches/Wifi cams that work with the Alexa app and operate only on the 2.4 ghz band.

Got my T-mobile wifi router on 11/20. Set up new SSID names and passwords for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz bands as well as new admin password. At first, some switches worked, but Wemo and others would not connect via the manufacturers setup app on my Android phone. Also, the 2.4 ghz band would disappear so I would restart the router. On 11/21, T-mobile tech support had me use a paperclip to reset the modem. On 11/22, could not connect the 2.4 ghz band at all on my phone. SSID showed up, but unable to connect. 5ghz worked fine.

Called Tmo on 11/23, tech rep said there is a known software issue that would be addressed in a few weeks with an update.

Was getting 44mbs down, 22 mbs up. Hope they fix this issue. Would love to switch to Tmo internet (have our cell service with them).

Plus, the all-in-one wireless router with battery backup is an awesome design.

• internet24

I have the same issue with the Tmobile home internet. The 5 GHZ is working fine, but SSID for the 2.4 GHZ network cannot be found from any device. What can I do to fix it?

• magenta4436171

I am having the same issue with my home internet.  2.4ghz doesn't seem to be working consistently.  Luckily 5ghz is working.  Any fixes?

• gaciwipu

oh....i have same issue 1000 times

i think nowadays 2.4ghz you can use only alone in dark forest....

many many other devices use same waves and kills connection

just start use 5.ghz on all your devices and setup some wi-fi repitier if you need long distances