Watch out for JOD mis information

magenta10439065

So like all things TMobile lately they fail to be transparent about their upgrades and shady JOD practices. They show one price then you get to the store and it's completely different.

Went to get my one plus 7 pro jumped to a 7 pro 5 g I'm a well qualified customer never paid a deposit for anything and went to do my first JOD upgrade since starting the thing and now they want $150 deposit. It's says this NOWHERE on their site . In fact their site even shows $0 down wtf is the point of jump on demand if it's so sketchy and so mis informed. It's a real kick in the nuts that you are so shady about it.

Did some digging and had to call and talk to 3 reps to finally get the answer the $0 down is ONLY for regular jump upgrades and new lines.... JOD is a huge mistake and it's almost fraud that you guys even encourage people to sign up for this garbage knowing how flawed it is and how you Rob people out of no cost upgrades because of this. It's just bad business

TLDR if you have jump on demand call first before you even attempt to upgrade because what ever it says online or what they tell you it's wrong.

All replies

• magenta10442200

My girlfriend and I ran into this same issue. Apparently JOD only applies if you want to downgrade!

I own the 7 Pro and my girlfriend has the LG G8 Thinq.

It would have cost us over $400 down to get new devices.

We've been using JOD for years and have never needed to pay a dime!

This current experience will definitely cause us to jump to a different carrier!

• magenta8617201

I did exactly the same with the same phones you mentioned. They wanted $84 to upgrade. After going back and forth several times about my JOD TMOBILE is overnighting my 5G and no money down. I'll have the McLaren edition tomorrow. BTW this started on Friday. Apparently they are trying to change their own rules. I've been with T-Mobile for 14 years. In the end I'm pleased with the results.

• magenta10439065

Lucky you I've tried to talk to 4 different reps and every one of them just said oh well JOD is not for everyone .... Such a mistake when I end this lease I will never do JOD again because even TMobile doesn't know what jump on demand is it seems like they change it every month and never in the consumers favor. When it launched it was such a great idea but now it's just shady and secretive you cna ask 5 employees about what JOD is and how it works and every one of them will give you a different answer.....

• magenta8617201

I think you need to demand to speak with a. Supervisor. I'm trading my OnePlus 7 Pro for the OnePlus 7T McLaren 5G. I was shocked about hearing of a down payment and tax. I've been on JOD for years and have traded up and down for no money down. I don't know when this started as I traded in a LG thin Q for the OnePlus 6T. I traded in the 6T for the OnePlus 7 Pro. Never asked for a dime. I think someone from T-Mobile should jump in here and clear this up.

• magenta10439065

Yea so did I this whole thing is new... The last two I spoke too said they are locking their leases to  aMax of $750 for JOD so anything above $750 is now on the shoulders of the customer but EIP doesn't have That restriction ... It was never like that before but that's why the down payments are ridiculous for JOD it's completely de values  the entire program the OP7t is $150 but a iPhone is over $370 down payment + TAX it's insane

• moeb74

Re: Watch out for JOD mis information

Unfortunately there's nothing to clear up. I think it's safe to assume that if the majority of people are saying that the experience and result is the opposite of how it worked for you then what happened for you is for some reason the exception and not the rule. And the EIP doesn't have the restriction but it costs even more money than the JOD.

• magenta10439065

You must be missing the point entirely then because there is a lot to clear up with T-Mobile and their JOD process since it changes more than their own reps are aware of and even when you speak to their service number they don't have the answers either .. the bottom line is there is no clear answered for deposits and what phones have them and which ones don't. Also some reps say JOD can take advantage of promos however you certainly cannot. It's a complete discombobulation company wide about how JOD should work regarding deposits

• moeb74

Unfortunately you just aren't paying attention . the reps arent confused and the computer tells them what the charged. Now the way they explain it may not be good though. But it's basically, like someone else commented. Anything over $750 you are paying that plus whatever if anything extra depending on credit and bill paying history. And the EIP and JOD use to be connected now its two different payment products. And the EIP is now more than the JOD.  So basically phones are trending to price themselves out of the market for what most people can afford.

• magenta10439065

Okay so by your logic I'm not "paying attention" so go to their website and tell me as a new customer where it says I can only lease $750 and the difference will be required as a deposit. It fact show me where it says anywhere on their website what the JOD pricing is from deposit/ monthly payment standpoint....

It doesn't.. anywhere...

That's the point of this post it's not transparent the differences on their website from a JOD or EIP stand point. And if you log into your account and attempt to do an upgrade it just routes you to call in. So the information is lacking between the 2 services because there is a disconnect

• moeb74

See now your missing the point. You commented that the representatives are not aware of what they changes and differences are, and they 100% do. It doesn't have to specifically say it. It says it when they tell you what the amount of your deposit/down payment will be if any. They don't say and they absolutely wouldn't from a business standpoint. If you're a new customer you wouldn't know the difference. Which is why this post was started by a customer who has been with T-Mobile apparently back from when they started this JUMP thing. So no there should be no confusion there, and only experienced T-Mobile customers would think to ask what the difference was between the old and new programs.

But you are 100% correct about the new JOD and EIP plans do not appear to be clearly listed anywhere.

• moeb74

You're one of the lucky ones. More and more the experience like the others are mentioning. The OP is upset at paying $150, and that I was actually use to paying. now they want $400. That's insane! They say it's because the phone are pretty much a grand now. Everything else is going down in price and phones are increasing to crazy amounts.

• magenta10439065

Yea it's pretty dumb it de values their own program . If rather it go back to 3 times a year of it means removing deposits. The whole point of JOD was to jump when you want no strings attached just pay the taxes that's how it was when it was created . Now you can jump once a month but they want deposits it's stupid NO OTHER carrier has deposits for upgrades on well qualified customers. Of they don't change it then it really is a super niche program for those that don't mind dumping mindless money to change phones when they want

• tmo_mike_c

I'm curious where you're going online and seeing the prices differ? Are you logging into your account and going through the upgrade process or is there a page on our site that you're referring to?