1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
Branched to a new discussion.

All replies

• gramps28

We can talk semantics all day but who releases a 5G phone before they even start

building a 5G network?

• alex86

Plenty of hardware has been released to support future development. In

everything. That has been the standard....forever.

1080p TV's before 1080p broadcast. 5gz before widespread 5ghz routers.

Motherboards supporting chips not made yet. Docis 3.0 modems before they

were required. Entire computer systems and consoles sold over capeable to

be relevant with future software. Ray tracing gpus before any games used

Ray tracing.

What new product hasn't been sold with the future in mind? None except some

bad ones. Even our current hardware in the lgs isn't being used to its full

potential. (Including the modem)

Band 71 still isn't even in my area yet....but the v30 band 71 was in 2017.

• gramps28

And all the equipment was outdated when the technology finally did come out.

My next phone is going to be another band 71 LTE phone because I'm not going to pay the premium of the first

few releases of  5G phones.

• alex86

No rarely is that ever the case. Hardware built for windows 7 is made windows 8 windows 10 compatible. Consoles go about 10 years. Pcs about 10 years. Phones....my Nexus 4 had

faster downloads in 2012. Used a Nexus 6 untill 2018.(4 years) only bought

something new bc the battery thats glued in was getting annoying to replace

multiple times and 5g was implied and outright said(phone sales/support) to

be compatible with multiple devices only requiring a roll out.  Also the

president of tmo flat out said this was paving the way for 5g the v30 by

name.

And again....still no band 71 here yet in 2017 the LG v30 had 71.

So there is your phone sold before it was available. Also right now 5g is

not available everywhere yet two 5g phones. (Yes actual 5 g has been

testing for multiple years as well) there are your two more phones based on

the definition of 5g you want to use. Largely a beta or test case as

mentioned by Pcmag.

https://www.pcmag.com/article/345387/what-is-5g

“We’re lighting up our new super spectrum for LTE and laying the foundation for 5G so fast we’re making the other guys’ heads spin – and with the LG V30, everything is coming together in record time,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “While the carriers try to fake their way to 5G and back off unlimited to keep their networks from caving even more, the Un-carrier’s building the future of wireless and a bigger, better, faster, future-proof network.”

• gramps28

I had 2 Nexus 5X's and both were bricked when Oreo came out so I'm not buying that argument.

Also if you read the article it states that the V30 is a band 71 LTE phone in the beginning of the article.

You're the one reading more into his comments. Like I said it's semantics. One person read things one way and

another reads it a different way.

• smplyunprdctble

You're not reading the full article you're quoting.

T-Mobile Ready to Rock New Spectrum With First 600 MHz LTE Smartphone & 5G-Ready Network Gear | T-Mobile Newsroom

Bellevue, Washington — August 31, 2017 — Forget winter: 600 MHz is here. Just two weeks after launching the world’s first 600 MHz LTE sites, T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced it will carry the LG V30 – the world’s first smartphone to support 600 MHz LTE. And the Un-carrier unveiled the latest location to go live with its new super spectrum in Scarborough, Maine. On top of that, T-Mobile announced that, beyond lighting up these new airwaves on LTE at breakneck pace, the Un-carrier is simultaneously laying a foundation for true nationwide 5G with breakthrough new equipment from Ericsson that supports both LTE and 5G.

That specifically says it's designed for the LTE bands for 600 MHz.

The rest of the article goes on to talk about two things:  The light up of Band-71 LTE, and the fact T-Mobile has been laying infrastructure for 5G.  Because the article is talking about two things, your Legere quote can't be used to assume the V30 has 5G.  I mean, take another quote in the article:

“They said it wouldn’t be possible. They said it wouldn’t be quick. Clearly, they don’t know T-Mobile,” said Neville Ray, Chief Technology Officer for T-Mobile. “Smartphones are coming, we just lit up another location with LTE on 600 MHz... AND we’re laying a foundation for nationwide 5G at the same time. The Carriers must get tired of T-Mobile continually running circles ‘round them!”

It separates the concepts of LTE on 600MHz and 5G.

You're just reading what you want to read.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • alex86

This is not about semantics.

“We’re lighting up our new super spectrum for LTE and *laying the

foundation for 5G* so fast we’re making the other guys’ heads spin *– and

with the LG V30, everything is coming together in record time,”* said John

Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile.

In the same sentence he mentiones laying the foundation for 5g, he

mentiones with the lg30 everything is coming together in record time. In

the same sentence!

Comprehension vs semantics.

Who sells phones for a future technology?  It would seem TMobile based on

the sentence following the v30 laying the foundation.....

“While the carriers try to fake their way to 5G and back off unlimited to

keep their networks from caving even more, the Un-carrier’s building

the *future

of wireless* and a bigger, better, faster, future-proof network.”

The Un-carriers building the FUTURE of wireless. A FUTURE-PROOF network.

Your bricked Nexus 5 has nothing to do with the fact I was getting 100mbps

down in 2012 in metro Detroit on my Nexus 4 and today in 2019 I get 60 on a

good day.

You can ignore history or forget it happened(like they would enjoy) or not

know it happened. It does not mean it did not happen.

My Nexus 5 is sitting on a table next to me perfectly fine. I even used it

a few months ago. My friends Nexus 5 is perfectly fine. The Nexus 5 was

renowned as being one of the best Nexus phones ever sold. Only issue my 5

ever had was the plastic over the screen started to lift from the corner.

I'm not sure why you like to argue points that harm you. You have a v30.

JOHN said it was laying the foundation for 5g in record time. You mentioned

common sense before....how does it make sense for you to argue that you

should buy a new device to use 5g instead of the one you have that John

said was laying the foundation lol. I understand it requires different

technology but the president of this company even implied it.

You litteraly keep providing me the best evidence of tmo published

materials I could ask for....but then you try to say it disproves it XD

• alex86

It also says

“We’re lighting up our new super spectrum for LTE and laying the

foundation for 5G so fast we’re making the other guys’ heads spin – and

with the LG V30, everything is coming together in record time,” said John

Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “While the carriers try to fake

their way to 5G and back off unlimited to keep their networks from caving

even more, the Un-carrier’s building the future of wireless and a bigger,

better, faster, future-proof network.”

I'm not taking it out of context. I did read the full article + the others

linked in it. What you quoted separating them....does not say anything else

would be required. The only device named was the v30 in the same sentence

as laying the foundation for 5g.

You are reading what you want it so say.

Because what it only specifically does say is that the v30....is laying the

foundation for 5g in record time.

• gramps28

Yes , first comes the LG V30 the first band 71 LTE phone and then the Ericsson 5G hardware to roll out 5G and

you're linking the two.

I'm not arguing points that harm me since I knew the V30 wasn't ever going to be a 5G phone. That's comprehension.

• alex86

Ericsson has a partnership with LG. Why TF would it not be possible they included it? They never said they did not intend to.  They never said yes it's currently working on lte but will not on 5g. They said this is the first model laying the foundation for 5g in record time. I'm linking the two....because they linked the two....in this very article. Also because 611....linked the two.

Also good for you. I however don't like to dish out cash because I was told to/ misinformed by the president of this company, phone support, and sales(o yea and every 3rd party for the last 2 years) You certainly can argue you enjoy it to the death though.

• gramps28

Whatever, have a good life tilting at those windmills.

• alex86

Lg at that point had a partnership with Ericsson. TMobile also has been

using Ericsson with their Network.

"By deploying Ericsson’s new radio equipment, T-Mobile is making 600 MHz

LTE available today while building a seamless path to 5G on 600 MHz. "

3rd party also no mention that 5g would require anything else. They quote

it as, "A seamless path."

New hardware is not seamless and the hardware is mentioned in the same

sentences.

• alex86

Clean fallacy. I am talking about what you are actually saying/ doing. Nothing I am saying relates to Don Quixote lol. You are the one attacking me, your imaginary enemy lol.

I am advocating for all of us who bought this bull.

• gramps28

I'm not attacking you, all I said is that I never thought or read anything to make me believe the V30 was a 5G phone.

You're the one that keeps trying to prove your point and since this is my last post on this thread,

enjoy tilting at windmills with people who don't agree with you. Life is too short.

• alex86

As I first mentioned I have nothing to prove. Only 3 people including you are saying this did not happen.

You+ 2 others who posted on this thread do not agree. Me + 2 others who

have posted they do agree. That is 50/50. This thread has pushing 10 likes.

I'm going with 10 more agree? The thread I first linked In an early reply

to you has two more who agree. By my count that makes now ~16 v 3.

I do enjoy advocating truth. It is easy. Regardless of my opinion or yours

truth is universal.

While we are quoting irrelevant literature.....the emperor has no clothes.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next