OH MY GOD STUPID E SIM IS LOCKED AS WELL AS PHYSICAL SIM

daveygoz

Hello All,

I have been happy with T Moblie. I update my phone every year. I am a business customer - I used to have a representative I could talk to directly.

Don't know what happened there.

I work and travel between the US and Australia. I used T mobile's E Sim to have a Dual SIM phone - physical SIM from Telstra. I'm in Australia for a few months over Christmas. The iPhone XS was great - a true international phone with 2 lines... etc.

I THEN MADE THE MISTAKE OF UPGRADING MY PHONE TO AN 11 PRO.

As with the XS - I got the E SIM connected to T Mobile. I then inserted the Physical SIM from Telstra. The phone is locked.

I call T Mobile to get it unlocked. I have to wait 40 days. 40?

I've been with T Mobile for nearly 5 years. I upgrade every year. We pay on direct debit on time, like clockwork. PLEASE UNLOCK MY PHONE.

No can do.

BUT - HOLD ON  - I discover that Telstra in Australia now does E sim - (finally).

I disconnected the E SIM from T Mobile - and used a physical SIM from T Mobile - I call the helpful call centre and get that connected. Fantastic. That should fix the Locking ISSUE. Because - with a physical SIM the phone should be happy to be locked to T Mobile... then I can use the ESIM to connect to Australia.

I get an E SIM from Telstra

NOW IT GETS REALLY STUPID.

THE E SIM IS ALSO LOCKED TO T MOBILE.

BOTH ARE LOCKED. WHY IS THE E SIM LOCKED TO THE SAME CARRIER? SERIOUSLY?

I NOW HAVE 2 PHONES. THE XS and THE 11PRO.

THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO.

THEY (I HAVE CALLED 5 TIMES)

WILL NOT UNLOCK THE NEW PHONE. THE DUAL SIM THING IS USELESS.

IT IS SO STUPID I HAVE NO WORDS.

WHY IS THE E SIM LOCKED AS WELL?

THIS MEANS APPLE AND T MOBILE - I CANNOT EVER UPGRADE BECAUSE I CAN'T have DUAL SIM out of the box. I have to wait 40 days. WHY WHY WHY?

All replies