Connection Error on Visual Voice mail

samway

Recently I am getting strange msgs as if phone is calling T-Mobile every day or so and msg is for requesting a password. On Visual Voice Mail I see "connection error". Have changed pin and searched help but am not sure what to do now.  I see a status of "not roaming" but don't think that is part of it. Phone is Samsung Avant (yes a little old) and Android Version 4.4.2. Can any one help?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Connection Error on Visual Voice mail

That's no good, but we certainly wanna help. Can you use the internet on the phone without any error messages? If so, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Visual Voicemail app to see if that works?

• samway

First, thank you for replying.  I just joined the Community and no very familiar there so replying by email.

I am able to access the Internet by my phone using Chrome. No error messages. I stopped using Internet Explorer a year or two ago due no security patching.

I can uninstall Visual Voice Mail app and reinstall however it appears to only have uninstalled updates. The it tried to activate my account multiple times and each time says “We are experiencing some issues with activation. We will again in a few minutes. It does offer a “Retry Now” button. 

I am not sure what to do to get past this point.   I will let run for awhile tonight.

Wright

• samway

Update

Visual Voice Mail Version shows 5.30.1.81980-MR. I could not actually uninstall app; only updates. Tried several update uninstalls and update installs. Then left as is over night. If you mean I must completely uninstall app I don’t see how. Android OS appears to prevent doing that.

The app kept trying to activate thru today.  About 3 PM it stopped and  I saw a msg about stating problems with Enhanced Caller Information.

I can receive voice mail now. I will watch for the strange calls from T-Mobile number 805-637-7243 that ask for a password .

Thank you.

Wright