Solved

Transfer prepaid physical sim to prepaid esim - keep number?

• 12 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, I've received conflicting information about this so I'm hoping someone can help.

I'd like to change my prepaid physical sim to a prepaid esim but I need to keep my number. I was initially told I could do this, but then told that a number couldn't be ported from prepaid to prepaid.

I then thought I would switch carriers so that I can get an esim and transfer my number, but AT&T and Verizon only offer the esim on postpaid plans.

I'm almost due to pay again for a new billing cycle so I canceled autopay in the hope that I could then purchase a new prepaid plan instead, and transfer the number.

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 17 February 2020, 16:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Right now we don't have an easy path to change over from a physical SIM card to an eSIM on prepaid. You need to use the T-Mobile Prepaid eSIM app | T-MOBILE SUPPORT to set up an eSIM, but it only works to activate a new line of service. Why were you looking to activate your eSIM instead of the physical one?

Thanks for your reply, Ian. I was looking to activate the eSIM so I can use my UK SIM alongside it - the carrier doesn't yet support eSIM so at the moment I have to keep swapping them out.

Badge

Right now we don't have an easy path to change over from a physical SIM card to an eSIM on prepaid. You need to use the T-Mobile Prepaid eSIM app | T-MOBILE SUPPORT to set up an eSIM, but it only works to activate a new line of service. Why were you looking to activate your eSIM instead of the physical one?

POOR

Hi, I know this question was initially asked a year ago, has this issue been solved?  Can we now activate an existing TMobile prepaid number/account to eSim?