Branched to a new discussion.

Questions on COVID-19?

tmo_ian

Do you have any questions that aren't covered our Newsroom post or Frequently Asked Questions? Want to let us know how you think we're doing? Drop a comment below!

All replies

• magenta10610408

Re: Questions on COVID-19?

What if I can’t  pay my bill Because I got laid off, due to the covid-19?

• syaoran

You can call Customer Care and request a payment extension due to your current situation.

• tmo_ian

You don't even have to call! If your payment is already due you can set one up yourself online. Click the pink button in Payment arrangement | T-Mobile Support to get started; it works on My T-Mobile and in the T-Mobile app!

• magenta10610917

But what if we already have a payment arrangement that we now cannot pay  because of a COVID-19 lay-off?

• traveler12

@

NOT true, tmo_ian. There is no "...pink button in Payment arrangement | T-Mobile Support..."

Doesn't exist. No pink buttons. No "Payment arrangement" options. And customer support is unreachable.

T-Mobile has been cutting off service and three times sent me emails that T-Mobile deleted my service account. State of NJ has been holding back my money for 9+ weeks, while you've been cutting off my service if I miss your payment deadline by 60 seconds.

T-Mobile is also blocking my inbound calls while my phone is on and continually within range (no less than 5 bars). As I'm sitting here, with 5 bars, phone is not definitely not in standby, T-Mobile is blocking my inbound service, even though you've been paid.

Restore my T-Mobile service, inbound and outbound, IMMEDIATELY. And give me the same consideration as you've been describing for the rest of the T-Mobile customers, while we have to navigate this horrible pandemic.

• magenta4589195

I asked on the Twitter help page and was told that mobile hotspot users (who use a hotspot device instead of a phone) are not currently being included in any extra GB relief.

Here is the reply I received there:

With the additional data, that is for smartphone hotspot tethering from what I could find out about it. I don't see hotspot devices being talked about when reviewing things with this additional 20GB of data.

Is there any chance hotspot users will be given some sort of help, too, in the future? Or are we included already and I can't find it in the links you listed?

A lot of us are rural with few internet choices. All public options (local library, etc) are closed because of the virus. I'm using my hotspot to run my small business as well as pay bills / order groceries, etc.

Thanks for your help.

• tmo_mike_c

That's a great question!

I haven't heard any other updates on our hotspot device users. We do have a dedicated T-Mobile Update on COVID-19 Response | T-Mobile Newsroom page. Please keep an eye out as we'll keep folks posted if and when things change. Thanks.

• magenta4589195

I'm keeping an eye on that page but not finding anything. I wondered if anyone over here knew more about it. I am conserving data by not viewing any videos / games, etc. I'm pretty good at conserving it, so I'm not running out just yet.

It sounds like this person's parents could use some help, too. They're in a similar situation:

T-Mobile hotspot for home

Thanks for the reply. 

• tmo_ian

I dug a little deeper into this and found that our Mobile Internet plans for HotSpots have unlimited 3G data after you've used the high speed bucket. It's only a few hundred kbps, so not great for video streaming, but should help you with paying bills and ordering groceries. If you have a T-Mobile phone with data, I'd take advantage of the additional Mobile Hotspot and stream through there.

• magenta4589195

I've gone over the 22 GB a few times in the past, and it slows down a lot. Just to reach the T-Mobile page to add a little more data for $10 took some time. I found it wasn't usable for much. Maybe that's changed recently? I haven't gone over since last August.

I also applied for the new fixed wireless service but am on the waiting list.

I don't have a cell phone (except for a flip phone for emergencies). I've thought about replacing the hotspot device with a phone and using the tethering to my laptop until I can figure out a way to get home internet. I found this plan with 20 GB mobile hotspot data: Magenta® Plus Premium Unlimited Plan | Starting at $50/Mo. | T-Mobile that's the same price as the 22 GB hotspot, so I'll look into that.

The phone's mobile hotspot data can be used for work on my laptop just like the hotspot device?

Thanks for all your help! Hope everyone is staying safe.

• lohick95843

I’m already set up a payment arrangement and can’t pay that    wait times are long, has anyone gotten an extension?

• magenta2651788

Why isn’t TMobile doing more to help customers during the Coronavirus pandemic? Even if you do a payment arrangement you still have to pay by April 15. Some companies have even paid the bills for there customers.

• magenta10611283

Could T-Mobile please roll out their home internet to the rest of us now? I've already used it from a third party so I know it works, but I'm sure my rural neighbors would like to use the $50 T-Mobile Home Internet service while they are trying to work from home and their kids are online learning. I would like to use it too!

• schmetter

According to the FAQ (Update on Our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response | T-Mobile), "To help you stay connected to family and friends abroad, we are currently offering free international calling for all T-Mobile and T-Mobile for Metro customers to landline (and in many cases mobile) numbers in many countries." I've been calling a family member in the U.K. (Landline only) who is currently in a hospital. I'm calling the hospital landline directly, but I have been getting text messages stating that I am accruing over $100 in international calling charges. How do I make sure I am not billed for these calls? 

• katthericequeen

Hello Ian

I need to buy a new sim chip for my tablet. It is an existing T-mobile account.

Tried to do this online - there's an upgrade sim option but I don't think it is the same thing.

Have tried the "talk to an expert" email link - Which is useless if you're not trying to upgrade your service or add a line.

Sabrina in Texas was very nice but she couldn't help me.

I don't understand why they can't simply sell a replacement chip to someone with an existing account.

Particularly now.

I have spent hours (3.5 yesterday) on hold trying to get through to customer service. Going on four today.

Getting through to an actual human on the phone has become a science experiment.

Frankly, if I have to listen to the crappy pop music and the recording telling me to try to take care of simple things myself online much longer I am going to lose it.

I get that your shorthanded.

This is a simple thing. I have already tried to fix it online. T-Mobile doesn't have an option for this.

Any ideas?

• tmo_ian

I took a look and I wasn't able to find a way to order a replacement SIM card yourself without adding a new line of service. Especially with the long hold times and store closures due to COVID-19, you may want to try social media like Facebook or Twitter.

• magenta10612471

I have a smartphone on a prepaid plan (5GB/month of 4G LTE data).  There is no option in the my prepaid t-mobile account to pick the additional 10GB of mobile hotspot data for the next two months.  Are prepaid smartphone accounts not included in the added smartphone mobile hotspot data?

"T-Mobile customers on plans with smartphone mobile hotspot can add 20GB of smartphone mobile hotspot (10GB per bill cycle for the next 60 days) via myT-Mobile.com or the myT-Mobile app by adding the COVID-19 Response High Speed Smartphone Mobile HotSpot feature for each voice line."

• unbekannt

Hi I change country and need to cancel the line I have waited 3hrs and no body answers in the 611 number, I don't want to have extra month because I don need it I no longer live in the US and when I tried to cancel the line the rep told me to call today 3/27/2020 to do so what will happen ?

• magenta10612285

I would like to know if theres anyway I can get some help as my family and I were affected by the coronavirus. In a house of 6 at the moment no one is working. I called customer service waited 2.5 hrs only to get disconnected! Tried to reach someone in Twitter and no luck! I need to speak to someone ASAP! My bill was due on the 25th. As our phones are the only way we communicate with our friends and family I cant have them get disconnect ☹

• tmo_ian

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting in touch with someone. We're definitely feeling COVID-19's impact and are working hard to help everyone as quickly as possible. If you just need to set up a payment arrangement, you can do that online without even calling. Otherwise, you may want to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter where you don't have to be on an actual call to be in line.

• citizenjaq

The prepaid homepage at https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/home currently has three rotating banners where the call to action button is "Find a store". Those could maybe be taken down (or at least offered online instead) for the time being, no?

• magenta10614509

Hello-

I have a mobile hotspot device (not a phone) with a data plan limited to 18GB of high speed 4G LTE data per month.  Will this device be getting additional high speed data similar to all the cell phone users?  Thank you.

"The vast majority of customers on T-Mobile plans already have unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data while on our network, and our T-Mobile Home Internet customers already have unlimited plans with no data caps or surcharges.

But we want to ensure that ALL current T-Mobile customers on plans that currently have data are provided the unlimited connectivity they need to learn and work, at no extra cost."

• magenta10615341

Just want to thank T-Mobile for disconnecting our services in the middle of one of the worse pandemics that hit in over 100 years... havent worked in over 20 days and this service is our only service! But 15 years of tmobile customer, and they disconnect you! Thanks for nothing!

• magenta10615355

Hi there!..  my service was also disconnected today, not to mention extra fees have been added on to my bill.

In such a time of crisis,dealing with unemployment and anxiety due to this Covid19 pandemic, it is very

disappointing that Tmobile is not honoring the pledge they "claimed publicly" to help customers during this difficult times.

I too have been a Tmobile customer for over 20 years.!

(I can see, no one is responding......)

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry your service was disconnected. Was this a connection issue or did you get some message about your service being disconnected by us? What are the extra charges on the bill? It should be listed along side the cost. Were they features there that shouldn't be?

• magenta10616035

611 usually doesn't work, can you tell me how to contact on that number?

Regards,

Lagasse Jesse

tellgamestop

• magenta2466968

Thank you for your concern, sir.

Due to the current situation, I am back in my home, thereby deactivating my prepaid phone. (More precisely, not refilling my account.)

My concern is, I found out that my account (USIM) will expire after 90 days of no refill. And there's a high chance that I will be back in the U.S. after more than 90 days.

Would there be a way to keep my USIM and my account (and thereby my number), and avoid such expiration?

Thank you very much, in advance!

• tmo_mike_c

Great question. You'll want to use the options on our Contact Us page to speak with our account Care team and they'll help you with the best option for your service.

• visa711

Hi, T Mobile!  I am a prepaid customer On the $30 UL Data & Int Text (5GB at 4G) plan.  First, I wanted to say thank you for the unlimited data since March 13.  It has been so helpful with everything going on.  However, I have a few questions.

the newsroom states the unlimited data ends on May 13.  I live in a state where we are still being asked to stay at home until the end of May.  Is there a possibility that the unlimited data can be further extended?

my second question is, if the unlimited data does in fact end on May 13, how will that work with a prepaid plan that was renewed today, May 7?  I only receive 5 gigabytes per month and I believe I may use most, if not all, of that between my plan start date of May 7 and the unlimited data end date of May 13.  So theoretically if I use all 5 gigabytes by May 13, will my data be throttled for the rest of the plan month until it ends on 6/6/20?

thank you for your response.

• ashlee06

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help! I have a prepaid account with T mobile and I'm currently stuck outside of the US due to the Coronavirus. Is it possible to put my account payments on hold during this time while keeping my number for when I return in a few months?

Thank you!

• magenta10612471

Hello-

I have a question about the additional 10GB of hotspot data on prepaid smartphones, which will be ending next week on May 13, according to the latest information that I could find.  The text message from T-Mobile on my phone reads "To keep you connected T-Mobile is upgrading you to unlimited data for free until 5/13/2020"

If you have an account with 5GB of high speed data per month that is automatically paid every month (for example, on May 5 for this month) will the 10GB extra be available for use only up to May 13 when the offer ends?  If so, will the original 5GB still be available for use between May 13 and June 5?

Or  can the extra 10GB be used until the next renewal (on June 5) for a total of 15GB anytime between May 5 and June 5?

Thank you.

"T-Mobile customers on plans with smartphone mobile hotspot can add 20GB of smartphone mobile hotspot (10GB per bill cycle for the next 60 days)"

• whatthehellever

I find it interesting that during Covid, when we're using very little LTE from T-Mobile, they're actually RAISING our rates. Not a hell of a lot, but really shows what they're all about. Looks like it's time to start shopping around.

• jojo3550

If we have a legacy plan and add this 20 GB to each line, will it affect our plan going forward?  I don't really want to be changed to another plan right now.  My budget won't handle it.

• tmo_ian

If you're talking about the Mobile Hotspot 20GB free feature, there is no additional charge for that. Just make sure you select the one that says COVID-19 Response – High-speed Smartphone Mobile Hotspot Data.

• magenta10623481

I am very, very disappointed that I was charged a late fee during a Global Pandemic and nobody working.  Shame on you.

• izzy248

I was browsing through my account and saw that I had a checkbox option to be able to add 10gb of Free Hotspot to my phone...Im guessing this is in response to COVID, but Im curious because it seems almost too good to be true. Is this a glitch? I did some looking up and it looked like the option is for Metro by T-Mobile, but I got my phone and service from an actual T-Mobile store location. My plan has unlimited HotSpot up to 50gb a month in which I will still have that HotSpot, its just that there may be some slowing down if I use it up before the month is over. So this actually raised a few questions from me. Is this still something Im able to get? Is it truly free and I wont be charged somewhere down the line? Does it add onto the 50gb of unlimited HotSpot Ill already have so for 2 months at least Ill have 60gb before it gets throttled?