admin page

• 3 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Trying to get to the admin page

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you are trying to get into the “admin” login via the 192.168.12.1 web page for the router it is quite simple actually. At the lower left corner of the Overview, Status, or Statistics page views you will see the T-Mobile Icon and just to the right is “Log In”. Select it and then enter the credentials.

User = admin <(lower case)

PW = (if not changed look at the bottom of the router)

Once you are authenticated as admin you can make configuration changes. Any time you select one of the WI-Fi networks or System view you will be prompted to authenticate as admin if you are not logged in as such. That is pretty much it.

when I hit 192.68.12.1, I don’t have a login option as described above. The only choices are Home and Support. (I can do admin stuff from my phone app, but I’d like to be able to from my laptop.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

OK, so with the 1.00.16 firmware upgrade of the Arcadyan you can NO longer enter the admin level with the gateway. You are forced to use the mobile application if you want to do so.

It is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion but it is how T-Mobile has decided it will be I guess. Maybe the developers just messed up and now the admin option is not there or it was a decision they made. I personally dislike the mobile application as I prefer the web GUI interface for management. It makes no sense to me as you can ONLY use the mobile application to communicate with the gateway when connected to the WIFI. That prevents you from being able to make changes with a wired Ethernet connection and not having to wait for the gateway to respond after changes to the wireless LAN settings. Lets see, you have a problem with your phone or don’t have it on you so you cant manage the gateway. A single inferior option for management is a poor solution. Letting the bean counters drive the solution is always a bad idea.

It is what it is. If users want to make noise and push for improvements they all have to make lots of noise. It is about the bottom line more than likely. Pushing to make more money with less effort. 2022

so then how do we access the router setting from the damn app? so frustrated with this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Currently, it seems, the web browser access to administrative access is busted. I have seen some previous conversations which lead me to believe the 1.00.16 firmware is where this behavior was introduced. Is it by design or just poor code development? I know using the mobile application is a poor alternative. Currently using one of Nater Tater’s creative hacks to extract the configuration, then edit and save the configuration changes, and then send the adjusted configuration back into the gateway seems to be the only real option other than the mobile application and that seems limited. 

See the conversation: Can't access system settings

I provided the commands Nater Tater used. I suggest if you go this path also go watch his video. If you make a mistake in the config the gateway should just be able to be set to factory default and you can start over. Just take your time and do the homework and it might be an option for you.

Just got off a call with T-Mobile Support and they showed me how to split the frequency bands myself through the app. 

Run the app
Head over to Network
Click on your network and change the frequency from automatic to 5Ghz and save.
After it restarts, go back to Network
Press the “+” on bottom right
Set up new network and change from automatic to 2.4Ghz and save.

Done

I got my T-Mobile Home Gateway Arcadyan KVD21yesterday and was shocked to learn that there is no admin login possible via the web interface. Luckily I found https://github.com/christopherjnelson/Arcadyan-5G-Web-Admin which you can just run locally and which uses the API (basically like the phone app). Still, it’s sad that there isn’t even an option to change the default DNS server (or verify to what it is set currently).