Solved

home internet

• 26 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Why does my home internet say it's connected with full bars and says I don't have internet connection on my devices it's be going on for 2 weeks like this it comes and goes 

icon

Best answer by copz1998 26 March 2023, 15:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Cassie maybe you would benefit from reassessing your gateway location. Is your gateway in the best location for the best signal? My experience with T-Mobile Home Internet is that the gateway needs to be positioned near a window and in line of sight with my cell tower (you can get the cell tower location/direction from your T-Mobile Internet app - start the app and click the link - More about connection quality > Launch placement assistant > OK! Lets do this > (watch the video if you like) > Share location > and use either the map or camera (I like the camera) to locate your cell tower. Make sure the gateway is placed in a location with the fewest obstructions.

Then, you can dial in the metrics by rotating the gateway in small turning movements for the best signal. 

Try to add devices to your gateway wifi and check your speed. 

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Cassie, which gateway do you have? Any chance it's an Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway?