Question

How Can I Setup My T-Mobile ID for My Home Internet Account...???

Show first post

54 replies

I am having the same problem. It keeps saying it does not recognize the email address when trying to set up the ID...even though I received emails regarding my order at the same address. The welcome email only lists the router and the router's phone number.

This seems to be a persistent issue for T-Mobile. Luckily, this is not our only ISP. I'll give it a month and then cancel if this issue is not corrected. 

Edit: I have solved my problem at least. When you create an account for the forum, you are basically setting up your T-Mobile ID. If you log-in to the main page, it will ask you to link your phone. I used the phone number for the router, entered the last 4 of SSN and now my account is linked. 

For the prepaid folks, maybe there is an option to add phones to your account. If so, just use the number for the router and add it. Best of luck!

Initially, I was able to create the beginnings of a T-Mobile account from the normal login process (so far that it allowed me to register an email and password but would block me at the link a phone number step since the router’s number is unrecognized and I do not have T-Mobile phone). Like everyone else, I spoke with a number of different people in the call center (friendly but seemingly unaware of how much of a hassle this is). Attempting to create a comment in this forum got me one step further as it prompted me to enter password reset questions as well as creating a non-email username. But I’m still getting blocked from logging in by the “Link a phone” step even though it’s allowing me to comment here in the forum.

How Can I Setup My T-Mobile ID for My Home Internet Account...???

Doesn’t the following link work to create an account?

https://account.t-mobile.com/signup/v2/createaccount

It gets the process started but apparently if you don’t have a T-Mobile cell phone you get stuck at the step when it asks you to link a phone number. When I enter the “virtual” phone number associated with my router it gives the following error message:

We're sorry, we don't recognize this email. Please provide the email you used when purchasing your T-Mobile service, or contact Care by dialing 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from your T-Mobile phone.

When I enter a non-T-Mobile cell phone, I get a different error:

Please verify your 10 digit T-Mobile phone number is correct.

I’ve spoken with a few different support reps and they acknowledge that there’s a problem but act like it might be fixed in 24 hours or so and I’ve been instructed to keep waiting/trying. Almost humorous to see posts describing the same situation from a couple years ago.

Has anyone tried getting a prepaid phone plan? Say the cheapest one? Then using that number to setup the account?

The problem continues today. I have been trying since March 2023 to get a T-Mobile id for online access to manage my account. No such luck. I get paper bills, auto pay, and it looks like that will be it.