Solved

Internet and smart plugs

• 18 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Can I use my kasa smart plugs with tmobile internet or is there another type of smart plug I can purchase that will work?

icon

Best answer by TMurray101 18 April 2023, 15:10

View original

5 replies

Badge

Absolutely, mine are Kasa smart plugs - they work great and were very easy to connect to my Gateway

Badge

I keep trying and it won't let me connect my smart plugs. I can call support and see if they can tell me what I am doing incorrectly. Got my ring set up and so far it's been good

Just like to get these kasa plugs to work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I have a few Kasa Smart plugs. They will only recognize a 2.4 GHz network. Use the phone app to create a new network that is 2.4 GHz only with WPA/WPA2 security.

To do this, launch the phone app, tap Network at the bottom then the “+” at the bottom right. Name your network something different from the main one, e.g., MyNetwork2. Make sure the parameters from above are the ones you choose. Scroll down and make sure the Hidden switch is set to Off, then scroll down and tap Save. Your gateway will automatically reboot and your new network will be available for all of your Kasa smart devices!

Good luck!

Badge

I didn’t have to create a 2.4 network.  I used the kasa app, and connected them to my new network (my Gateway).  I added them as new plugs, I deleted the old plugs from the Kasa App and started like I was adding new Plugs

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Great news! I'm glad these were able to connect to a WPA2/WPA3 WiFi signal.