Question

PRINTER NOT ACCEPTING P/W

• 4 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I HAVE A EPSON ET 2720 ORINTER THAT I CANT GET TO WORK WITH TMOBILE INTERNET/WY-FI

I HAVE CHANGED P/W AND YJAT DID NOTHING.EPSON SAID IT NEEDS TO BE A ROUTER TO

WORK?I HAVE TRIED AT LEAST 50 TIMES AND NO LUCK.I HAVE HOOKED UP 3 TV SETS,2 LAP

TOPS,GOOGLE DEVICE WITH NO ISSUES.BUT NO LUCK WITH THE PRINTER,THE PRINTER FINDS AVAILABE WI-FY TO NO AVAIL.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Maybe @iTinkeralot has some insight for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

From what I can see the ET 2720 has been in production since 2018. The age of the printer may be a factor. The wireless of earlier models was 802.11 b/g/n. What this means for getting the connection made is related to authentication and the wireless channel. It will probably be necessary to add an additional 2.4 ghz network SSID/name and use  WPA authentication type. If the gateway will also allow it to be set to 802.11 b/g/n then that would probably work. The password could be the same as the existing network but change the name of the additional SSID to something like EPTR2720 so you make it different than the other. Both networks are on the same radio they just need a little different capability for the connection of the printer. 

Hey @gramps28 and @iTinkeralot - Thank you! I’ve been flummoxed for a while but this solution worked for me! Kvein