Question

Slow speed 5G

• 21 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Internet speed is real slow now with the 5G. Any service issues going on in Renton Highland area (Wa.)

Normal speed for me is 3XX-4XX down and ~100up but now it is…

7.XX down and 21.XXup

I’ve power cycled the gateway and no joy. Shows 5 bars

Advanced metris shows:

CQI 10

RSSi -61

CGI - 31026021692161

RSRQ - -12

RSRP - -72

SINR - 29

BAND - B66

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It sounds to me like you’ve gone through the basic “Is it turned on, is it plugged in, do a restart” kind of troubleshooting. Talk to Support to try and find out what’s going on. T-Mobile is constantly doing work on towers and that may be your problem. There are a few people who have reported calling Support and actually having them do something on their end that fixed the problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

udidwht, it sounds like your gateway moved/rotated and you lost the original 5G connection. Please see the link below for T-Mobile bands. B66 is a LTE band, slower than 5G. If you know where your 5G cell tower is, use your T-mobile Internet app to see your metrics for both LTE and 5G, and focus on rotating the gateway towards the 5G cell tower for the best metrics. If you had it before you can attach to it again. 

Good luck!

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/t-mobile-network

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If you have the Arcaydia gateway, it is probably because of the update to 1.00.18 firmware.  Mine was updated and I lost 5G, I had to move it to the side of the house closest to the tower to get 5G back.

Badge

Update:

Called and spoke with support and apparently they are doing upgrade/s on the tower. Just tested my speed and it’s now showing…

405.98 Mbps down

85.67 Mbps up

-