Question

speaker sound is staticky Samsung A23

• 8 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

So I went with T Mobile on March 4, 2023 and the service first off is not as good as I was told it would it be for my area, and I get kicked in and out of calls. My reason for the message today the phone that I purchased on March 04/2023 is having speaker issues the sound is staticky and I am hoping that maybe something can be done to fix it

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you have the insurance add-on.  You can send it in to be replaced.  Otherwise, you can reach out to Samsung for warranty service on the device.  There is never a guarantee that the device you send in will be the one you get in return.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

same static if you make/receive a call through wifi calling or does it clear up? and the top speaker or the speaker phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sometimes you will hear static from interference as well as calling over 2G/3G in the few places it is still available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Static on phone calls can indicate a network or device issue, so I love the questions that our pillars are asking here. I wanted to clarify one thing, though. Are you hearing the static only on phone calls or do you hear that static when you are watching a video or listening to music? If switch the audio to a bluetooth speaker or device, do you still hear that static? If this is happening when you are not on a phone call, that points more to device specific issues. In that case, you would want to reach out to our customer support team to discuss your warranty options. Since you purchased it so recently, you should have the standard warranty even if you don’t pay for the additional Protection 360 feature. That warranty would cover this kind of thing as long as your phone does not have any liquid or physical damage. 😁

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is always the potential that it could be a speaker.  I haven't had a speaker issue with a device since the Motorola Nexus 6.  Play some music or a YouTube video over the speakers to see if you get static from doing that at full volume.