Question

Use t-mobile home internet and spectrum concurrently

• 18 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Can I use t-mobile and spectrum concurrently? 

4 replies

I overlapped for a couple of weeks so that I could take my time switching all my devices over to t-mobile. My final switch was replacing my router with a switch for my ethernet. Then with nothing left on Spectrum, I pulled the plug on the cable modem and called to cancel Spectrum. Retentions noticed my modem was disconnected and that I was ready to leave and so didn’t hassle me much with new offers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Can I use t-mobile and spectrum concurrently? 

If you describe why you want to do this, you will get a more specific answer. As the above post says, TMO and Spectrum are two separate companies so they will be happy to let you continue paying for both.

Can I get the same quality TV program service with TMobile or do I use Spectrum cable for my TV shows and TMobile for internet?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@TerBritz it sounds like you are currently using Spectrum for both traditional cable TV and internet.  The T-Mobile service is internet only.  You might not save money if you dropped Spectrum internet and retained Spectrum cable, and added T-Mobile internet, because Spectrum does give a discount if you have more than one service with them.

Many people have eliminated cable TV completely and get all their programming over the internet via streaming (plus an antenna for local channels).   Read up on “streaming” and “cord cutting.”  You can stream on Spectrum internet (and T-Mobile internet, and most internet services.)