3 weeks without internet!! 😭

• 14 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi, everyone.. 

Mind if I vent?😥

Four months ago I had to move and decided to get T-Mobile Home Internet instead of Spectrum, which is what they usually use for my new area. Everything worked pretty well, until it didn't.

Three weeks ago tomorrow, my internet suddenly went out. After much troubleshooting and various Reps, they determined that the towers by me are being upgraded. (I've been borrowing a friend's wifi password in the same building I'm in so I can, at least, continue to work from home). 

Numerous calls to Reps about when the upgrades will be finished have been futile, to say the least. I got told it would be a week, then two. In the interim, my Gateway, which had lost its SSID name in my computer as soon as I lost internet, suddenly went completely dead. There's no logo or bars, anymore. Calling Reps to repeatedly explain my situation and asking when the towers would be done, I suddenly was told that the solution would be for me to receive a replacement Gateway. I was never initially told this. I automatically assumed that if my Gateway wasn't working, it was because of the towers being upgraded, but they told me that I should be receiving some service, even if it's slower. 

So 4 days ago a Rep started the process of sending me a replacement. She said she'd be sending me the latest brand new (black rectangular) Gateway. Three days later I called about the status, only to be told that no replacement had been processed.😭 So I had this "new" Rep start the process of a replacement. Problem is, my calls kept dropping because I have poor service in my new place (I just ordered a new Samsung 5G phone and am hoping that that helps a bit with dropped and static calls, and calls sometimes going to voicemail). The poor Rep repeatedly called me back to try and resolve the issue. Long story short, he said there is a problem with their system and that I had to go to a T-Mobile store to get a new replacement Gateway.🤷‍♀️ He also told me that he checked and that my location doesn't qualify for the new 5G black rectangular Gateways, despite what the other Rep had told me.😩 

I am so fed up with T-Mobile. The Reps can be really nice, but half the time I don't think they know what they're doing. For example, I was told to reset my "trash can" and plug in an Ethernet cable in order to get service, this despite telling them that my SSID name completely disappeared from my computer, and before they knew about the tower upgrades. I've been promised to get a call back from a Rep, only to never hear from them again, forcing me to have to call again to explain myself all over again to try to resolve an issue. I have the stress of deeply depending on the internet for my job and having my phone cut out in the middle of conversations, and the best they can do is tell me I have to wait another week, and then another for these upgrades to be finished. Now I'm told that I have to go to the store and pick up the very same model Gateway that suddenly "died" on me. In fact, the phone dropped the call while I was on hold after asking for the latest information about the tower upgrades, and the Rep left a message saying that he's trying to help me and to call if I have any questions!🤷‍♀️ So I'm gonna wait for my new phone to come Friday before calling them back, and then call the T-Mobile store to say I'm coming to pick up a replacement Gateway and drop off the "old" Gateway. But I'm at the end of my rope here. When if the tower upgrades are responsible for my "dead" Gateway? Then a replacement will do nothing for me! And if the replacement works? Well, how do you explain a brand new 4 month old Gateway suddenly "dying" without warning? According to one Rep, when I reset it like I was told, it must have "exhausted" it, and that's why it's not working, anymore.🤦‍♀️

If anyone has any piece of advice that would be helpful, I'd appreciate it. I already told Reps that if they can't get me internet by the end of this month, I will have to go with another carrier.. and as much as I hate the idea of going to "nickel and dime" Spectrum, I hate unreliability and "run-arounds" even more.😞💔

4 replies

Badge

Thousands of us have these kinds of problems with the Tmobile Internet. I honestly think that Tmobile doesn't care anymore as long as they're collecting money.  

Badge

Hi, Bart..

Thank you for responding. Yeah, I'm starting to think that they only tell you what you want to hear to try to keep you from leaving, but they really couldn't care less.😞 

Badge

I saw where one lady actually filed a complaint with the FCC because her Internet was in and out for a long period of time. I complained so long and so loud they cut the monthly fee from $50 to $30 for 3 months. I really don't know how they get away with this crap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately if you read Tmobile's terms and conditions it states they basically don't guarantee service. There's too many things that can interfere with the service.