Question

Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)

• 11 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

Is there any reason the rest of the t-mobile community cannot use the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Before I switched I was told you did and once I siged up found out you didn’t but stayed with t-mobile home internet cause my price with charges from the old provider would be the same with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Now however I can get a discount on the cost of the internet for at least a year and use the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) which is going to be a significant reduced price I will be paying as compared to t-mobile. Any plane to add Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) before I cancel my t-mobile which bu the way has been very good for the time I have had it so far. 

8 replies

Badge

So you are looking to get basically free internet?

Userlevel 1
Badge

No Tigres but when there are reputable internet providers of equal services and one you can save $30 a month on, I guess it would be stupid of me to want to save money I really never post in community forums because it always seems someone hiding loves to say stupid stuff to try and attack the other. 

Badge

It was not an attack, it was a real question. T-Mobile home internet with 3+lines on their mobile service is 30/month. So your ask basically nets to zero or 20/ month if you pay 50 at full price. 

best not take all replies personal, it was a serious question using math. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry then as I was not clear. I have the home internet which is $50 a month and spectrum offers the same speed service for home at the same price except they offer the affordable connectivity which reduces the price to $20 and t-mobile only participates under the cell service side of the program. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I spent over 2 hours taking on the phone with Sprint/T-mobile reps about this subject. I have been a Sprint customer since 2002, and recently, this past spring went with the Home Internet gateway. I was told that T-mobile does not use the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) but does offer some deal if I add 2 more lines. I do not need 4 lines.

I guess having two lines imported from sprint do not mean a thing? I am about to go back to Spectrum, they have a much better deal on internet

Has anybody figured out how to get this with the 50 dollar a month tmobile internet? 

So you are looking to get basically free internet?

Lmao dang right! Gtfo with your snarky comments 

​​​​​​If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all, didn't ya momma teach you that?!?! 

I also went with Tmobile as they oriiginally tole me that they were with the ACP.  I later found out they were not when I received a message from a mobile phone outfit called tru-connect. They offered me a phone that had issues at best (not really usable-a “go” phone). I really wanted and needed lowered cost for internet.  Not happy, but once I was signed up, could not switch to an internet company with the discount as it had (I was told) been used up by Tru-connect. Got quite good reception with T mobile with wifi initially, but now it has deteriorated. Kind of stuck.

What a disappointment. I’ve always trusted T-Mobile and it’s customer service. And really unethical. T-Mobile is on the Government’s list that they will provide access to ACP. I tried the Metro phone # and the Assurance phone #, but because I don’t do business with them I wasn’t able to talk to anybody about what services they offer, let alone how to access ACP. I really don’t want to change services, but I guess I will research other internet companies and see if they are as unethical in their statements as T-Mobile is. Really poor customer service and relations by T-Mobile. I guess old people, veterans and people doing their best to make ends meet are an anathema to T-Mobile. I thought you were better than that!