Anyone else wake up to a Red Battery Light on their LTE Home Internet Gateway this morning 11/21/21?

• 21 November 2021
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Woke up to a Red Battery Light on my 4G Home Internet Gateway. It has worked fine for almost a year now. I understand there was a software update last night and can’t help but thing they are related.

Anyone else?

43 replies

Exactly same thing for me this morning. It also seems I’m unable to get a full LTE connection. My connection status sticks on HDSPA 3G+. Rebooting does not resolve the issue.

Yep, mine started showing an orange light yesterday.  At first I thought something went wrong with the external power supply but when I pulled the battery out of the unit while it was still plugged in -- that was not the case.  Also tried rebooting the unit to no avail.  Which, even when power cycling the unit -- it exhibited wonky behavior -- like all the LED flashing continually even when the power switch was in the off position. Finally, I noticed some extremely long pings, 300 -- 400 MS, when doing speed tests yesterday -- today the pings are down to just under 40 MS.

My battery indicator has no light.  I thought I just needed to replace the battery?

Userlevel 1

Yes, I noticed it late last night, it’s showing red as if it’s dead.  I was going to go buy one, but now that I know I’m not alone, I’ll wait and HOPE T-MOBILE will take note and let us know what’s happening.

I had the same issue with the orange light. I called support but the told me they are doing work in the area and the signal will affect battery. I wake up this morning and now it is a red light. I still have good internet connection. I have tried calling support and the phone rings and no answer.  Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Yes, mine started having connectivity issues yesterday. I power cycled it and all lights were normal. However, today the red light is on for the battery indicator. No idea why and charging doesn't seem to affect it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

and now my battery light is off indicating the battery is completely discharged or unplugged….clearly the software update sucks! Too bad we don’t have the ability to roll-back.

Same thing is happening to me and my internet has been working on and off for about 3 days now. I wonder if this is happening all over the country or just certain parts. I live in Las Vegas. 

Userlevel 1

Yes, whatever they did has affected everyone, my light has been red and it stays that way not matter what.  It’s happening all over the country...too bad they don’t seem to monitor the communities and take a minute or two to let us know what’s going on.

Userlevel 1

And this morning the light is out completely

Reading the comments here it appears to be a system issue. Our unit went down completely on 11/20 in the middle of the night. When it came back on the battery light went orange and has been ever since. The cell service on our phones are also affected by something. Service is only one our two bars when we did have full. Other areas around us where we had service it is now completely gone.

I am having the same problem. I did reset the unit but the battery light is still red. I tried to call into tmobile and sat on hold for way to long. Hoping to hear of a resolution on this. 

Ok I talked to tech support and they are updating the firmware on the modems and when they do that  they will disable the battery.  She stated that once the firmware is updated it will in able the battery again 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok I talked to tech support and they are updating the firmware on the modems and when they do that  they will disable the battery.  She stated that once the firmware is updated it will in able the battery again 

Thanks for that. I’m hoping it happens soon.  There’s really no excuse for a rollout error like this! I spent my career writing software, you just don’t let this sort of thing happen! Period!

Userlevel 1

I hope it’s true, would like to see the light come back on...and I agree with kennyc I have spent over 40 years writing software and if my update is going to cause a glitch, I alert my end-users.  They’re good about sending us promotional nonsense, how about sending alerts.

Agreed MichaelWi -- T-Mobile dropped the ball on this and they should have sent out an alert that the update process could affect the battery status light on the routers.  Put it this way -- I’m an old school tech guy with a lot of grey hairs on his head and I don’t need any more added due to a company not giving out sufficient warning about issues like this.  As well, T-Mobile should have warned users beforehand about the impending update -- even if it was being rolled out on a staggered basis. Finally, T-Mobile should have combined the warning with a facility to properly and efficiently report issues.  The only reason I did not immediately call support is because with T-Mobile it is abysmal.  Everything from long hours on hold, being transferred repeatedly, being bounced back and forth between countries while being transferred, being told that I needed to go to a local store when I didn’t need to, etc just doesn’t cut it with me. Particularly when it things turned out to be a simple issue which in some cases I wound up resolving myself.

Userlevel 1

Well it’s now going on a little over 2 days and the light is still out.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well it’s now going on a little over 2 days and the light is still out.

Yep….my light is out….came on briefly yesterday after I fiddled with it...plug/unplug battery...reset...etc…

am just going to standby to see if they update software soon…. at least the internet is working. :)

oh one other thing… even though the light is out...the status when logged in to admin settings shows battery at 100% now (yesterday it was at 0%).

Mine updated the firmware last night and now it won't get anything but 3G and maybe 1 bar at that. The battery on mine seems to be fine and I haven't noticed any other issues besides it being stuck on 3G. The firmware version on mine is now 14443

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeah, mine is 14443 Rev.5

Appreciate folks posting here. It was driving me up the wall seeing the battery light show yellow for the first time ever after a solid year of use. Made me think I was having house-wide power/electricity issues! I'm very bummed with TMO's communication and support behind this home internet product. Hoping they get performance and the battery back up and running soon. Thanks again, all.

Woke up to a Red Battery Light on my 4G Home Internet Gateway. It has worked fine for almost a year now. I understand there was a software update last night and can’t help but thing they are related.

Anyone else?

Same here.  Started this morning.  Annoying.  I reset it.  My head was spinning.

Thank you all for these updates.  It is SO helpful.  I had spent 3 hours trying to figure it out.  Forget about customer service.

I had noticed the read light last week. Called customer service and said they were doing an update and said as long as I had WiFi it should be ok. Had me run a speed test and said it looked fine. Now there is no light under battery.  I have also tried resetting and still nothing.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had noticed the read light last week. Called customer service and said they were doing an update and said as long as I had WiFi it should be ok. Had me run a speed test and said it looked fine. Now there is no light under battery.  I have also tried resetting and still nothing.  

This is true, but your battery backup (i.e. the device) will not work if the power goes out. 

I just tested this on mine and even though the status panes says the battery is 100% I still have no battery light and when I unplugged the power to the unit if just goes off...no battery backup…

I’m hoping they get a fix for the botched firmware out soon….