Question

Anyone have luck/advice getting $60 rate reduced to $50 this month?

Badge

I signed up for T-Mobile Home Internet the first day I got the eligibility email, but this was mid-march after the $50 rate went to $60. Now I understand that this month (June ‘21) they have been offering new customers $50 monthly rate again. Has anyone else who is a recent customer paying $60 had success getting the rate reduced? If so, how?
In the interim, I got my $110/mo Comcast/Xfinity internet bill reduced to $20/mo for a year by CANCELLING them and then signing up again. Ridiculous to have to do that. I decided I’d keep both Comcast and T-Mobile with a multi-wan router if I can get T-Mobile to honor their current promotion. But otherwise, I’ll dump them, send it back, and wait for the next sale. 
Thanks for any relevant info-- T

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I signed up for T-Mobile Home Internet the first day I got the eligibility email, but this was mid-march after the $50 rate went to $60. Now I understand that this month (June ‘21) they have been offering new customers $50 monthly rate again. Has anyone else who is a recent customer paying $60 had success getting the rate reduced? If so, how?
In the interim, I got my $110/mo Comcast/Xfinity internet bill reduced to $20/mo for a year by CANCELLING them and then signing up again. Ridiculous to have to do that. I decided I’d keep both Comcast and T-Mobile with a multi-wan router if I can get T-Mobile to honor their current promotion. But otherwise, I’ll dump them, send it back, and wait for the next sale. 
Thanks for any relevant info-- T

In the following Reddit thread, there is a leaked internal document with a T-Mobile code that can be used to get the $10 permanent discount.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/nmdbsk/existing_hint_customers_can_receive_the_10/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please know your mileage may vary depending on the rep you speak with. I tried this a month ago and got nowhere even after insisting it wasn’t the EBB I was speaking about. That they didn’t automatically reduce the price for those paying $60 is horrible business practices and horrible PR, IMHO. They should’ve never raised the price in the first place while the service is still in beta (if not alpha in some locations) stage. 

I just called to get the reduced rate and was told that it is currently reduced because the gateways are out-of-stock and I am not eligible for it as a current customer.  I then said I would like to cancel the service and was given the number for “tech support” which apparently is handling cancellations.  Called that number and was told the wait would be 2+ hours!!  I guess that’s one way to prevent people from cancelling service.  Ridiculous...

Yes, I called to the customer service and get the $50 rate. (I checked my bill)

Good luck.

Which number did you call?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Which number did you call?

T-Mobile Home Internet Support - (844) 839-5057

That is the number I called.  I tried again today and I received the credit no problem (at least that is what they said).  I guess you just need to keep trying until you get someone who knows about it.

You can check your account in the next few days to confirm the $50 price.

My bill is still $60.  They said something about 2 billing cycles so hopefully it will be resolved on the next one but I hope it went through.

You have to be signed up on the internet essentials plan to get the discount.

It can be difficult getting a discount-related SOC on an account ex post facto. Applying expired or grandfathered SOCs is the issue.