Question

Anyone using Meshforce M1 with their T-Mobile 5G Internet?

• 9 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am thinking of dropping my Xfinity Internet and switching to T-Mobile.  Anyone use an older Meshforce M1 setup for their home with T-Mobile’s equipment without problems?

2 replies

I am trying to set up my T-mobile internet with my meshforce unit and am not having any luck.  The Meshforce can’t find the connection type.  I’ve been back and forth with Meshforce support and haven’t gotten it working yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Wireless Communication Standard: 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz Radio Freq

Security Protocol: WPA2-PSK

Maximum Upstream Data Transfer Rate: 100 Megabits Per Second

If your clients are 802.11ac or ax capable you might be better off just using the T-Mobile WIFI. If you are after expanding coverage I can see it could be useful but you will have to match the authentication. The documentation on the mesh solution is a bit thin. In normal practice with 802.11n throughput should be maybe 100+ Mbps but not as impressive as 802.11ax. The way the T-Mobile gateway handles the 802.11ax vs the vintage of the Meshforce M1 working with 802.11n you might be in for a challenge. If you have the Arcadyan gateway it will be a real challenge. You might investigate more with Nater Tater’s YouTube videos. I expect it would be necessary to use the scripting to be able to make the configuration changes so you can match the authentication. You might be able to uplink via an Ethernet cable and then have the mesh connections. It all depends on how much effort you want to put into this venture. 

If you have the Arcadyan gateway and it has upgraded to the most recent firmware managing the device other than with the mobile application is a problem currently. If you turn off the wireless on the Arcadyan then the mobile application will not be able to connect. Since the web browser does not seem to allow administrative access that is a non starter. I think you are just going to be head banging on this one. 

If you have the Nokia gateway you may have a shot as you can easily change the authentication type to allow that to work and the web browser management works well. If not may the force be with you.