Solved

Arcadyan gateway

• 18 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

what side of the gateway should be pointed to the tower?

icon

Best answer by bocaboy2591 18 March 2023, 19:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Mrgolf I think they are located at the front of the device (same as the LED screen). Try aligning a front corner with your cell tower, test the results looking att he bars on the LED. You can make slight adjustments by rotating the gateway a few degrees and rechecking the results, then leave it for the best consistent signal.

Love the name (MrGolf)

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

According to everything I've read, and that includes T-Mobile’s own website, you should try every position to see which works best. Sideways, upside down… whatever gives you the best reception. I have the Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway and it works best upright, but Nater Tater on YouTube says use whatever position gives you the best reception.

And my 2¢ is there should be a USB-c port for an external antenna. That way people could use an outdoor antenna to strengthen their signal and simply connect it to the gateway. What a shame they chose not to do it.

Sure would work better if you could add a antenna 

I will be pointing mine to the nearest trash can. Stinks. Also terrible for gaming. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Net_Zero, that sure seems to be the opinion of almost every serious gamer I've read on the forum. If you're a serious gamer and need NAT to make it work, T-Mobile is the wrong solution.