Question

Arcadyan KVD21 5G internet device will never connect to 5G tower

Badge

My cell phone and my Arcadyan KVD21 are sitting next to each other.  The cell phone shows a connection to a 5G tower with 3 bars.  The Arcadyan KVD21 always shows a 4G, 3-bar connection. 

The speedtest for them shows the Arcadyan KVD21 at about 1/3 to  ½  the speed on the cell phone.

How do I get the Arcadyan KVD21 device to connect to the same 5G tower as the cell phone?

6 replies

I'm having the same issue- three bars on the Arcadyan gateway I just upgraded to but no 5g connection. And download speeds as low as 1 Mbps in the evenings. Tech support claims the 5g tower I had been connecting to is undergoing "upgrades" but they've said this everytime I've called before. I wish they'd just be honest and admit their network can't support the load. If I had a choice I'd cancel but options are limited where I live. It's just been a very frustrating experience. I have Verizon for my phones and considered switching to TMobile, but not going to based on this poor service.

We have the same issues. A wireless connection is our only option in our rural area and T-Mobile was given government funding to provide broadband to areas just like ours. After 7 months of ups and (mostly) downs with T-Mobile Home Internet I’m at wits end. Over the past week, it’s been flat out unusable. Reps always say the same thing- service is being upgraded in my area. But it’s gone from bad to worse. Clearly, TMO is not delivering a viable option for many who have signed up. My course of action- file a FCC complaint, which I have done and wholeheartedly encourage others to do. 

Like many people I am having the same issues with 5G internet. I works for awhile and then goes to 0 Mbs. Rest the gateway and it sometime comes back. I think T-Mobile rolled 5G out too soon. 

I used to have the older gateway 4G LTE and it was very reliable and the speeds were about what I get when the gateway is working! I am on the verge of canceling.

Badge

Hey, T-Mobile! 

Do you have any suggestions as to why the 5G Internet device will never connect to the same towers as the cell phone sitting next to it on the shelf?

I am having a similar problem I think. when I first got TMobile Home Internet I received the Arkadyan Gateway. I was connected to 4G with 3 bars of service and getting speeds of around 35mbps consistently which worked fine for me. For the last week now my gateway screen shows connected to 5g and 2 bars of service and can’t get speeds faster that .03mbps regardless of time of day. Funny thing is that every now and then the gateway will connect to 4g but within a few seconds revert back to 5g. I have lost count of how many times I’ve restarted the device with absolutely no change in performance. Tech support has been giving me the “ your tower is being upgraded and will be better soon” for a week now. Anyone know how to force it to stay connected to 4g until the 5g problem is resolved?

It sounds counterintuitive but put the modem in an area where it does not get a good 5G signal and then it will just stay on 4G hopefully