Question

Backordered

• 26 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Being fed up with my current internet provider raising cost, data caps and chargers for overage, not great speeds, as well as bundles of services I don't need I decided to switch or at least give T-M a try. My current contract is up in Aug and will go up quite a lot unless I sign up for a long term contract that I don't want to do. I also live in a neighborhood that has an exclusive contract with Comcast so I have no other options for internet that is wired to the home.

So I placed my order a week ago, shortly after I received email confirmation of my order with ETA Sept due to backorders. The rep said I could use the link in the email to check status but that still says no orders for me check back after 48 hours of placing the order. Well that was a week ago so 48 hr has come and gone a few times.

Is anyone else seeing this same ETA and the order not showing in your account after the 48hr?

If I at the least seen the order in my account that would be a positive indicator.

Thanks

8 replies

Same with mine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Same with mine.

I still don't see anything weeks now, I do see in my account history that a device order was placed the day I ordered. So looks like there is really an order in just nothing to ship out I guess. I seen other post that say you will get an email close to when it ships with some details. Not really great that it seems it will be almost 2 months to actually get the equipment. So fed up with Comcast I really need this asap.

Badge

I see the same. I called T-mobile because I wanted to make sure they had my order and all was ok as I don’t want to go father back in the back order line. I actually called twice to see if I got the same answer and I did. They told me the modem/router won’t show up until it is in stock, so basically you won’t see it appear on your order history until it ships,

Mark 

Badge

I had the same trouble and discovered you have to use a different URL address to check these orders.  Try:

Check and Track Your Order Status | T-Mobile

Badge

I had the same trouble and discovered you have to use a different URL address to check these orders.  Try:

Check and Track Your Order Status | T-Mobile

Thanks Mike, I used that link while talking the the T-Mobile agent and it only shows the TVision HUB Kit that I ordered along with the router. T-Mobile has assured me everything is okay with my order. I sure hope so! 

Mark

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I got my gateway over a month ago, when there was no shortage of gateways. Like many other people, I got an email two days before my gateway arrived, that my account has been “activated.”

For some reason, it isn’t until you get the equipment that I got a letter welcoming me to T mobile, so I understand that with having to wait so long, you’d wonder what your status is.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I ordered via phone and was never able to check on the order status, as the link didn’t work. But the rep. warned me that it would be a month. Sure enough, a month later I got a shipping notification email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Welcome to the club! I joined the T-Mobile BETA back in early January after waiting three weeks for the new 5G router to ship. I was told it was new then and expect to have to wait possibly a month to receive the gateway router back then. It was hard to be patient and wait as I was spoiled having been in the tech industry in CA with great access anytime I wanted. This was before the COVID-19 was ramping down mind you. The router came in pretty much at 3 weeks as they predicted. Supply chains and shipping issues and floods and fires and all are factors we all have to live with now. I am happy the delays are no longer than they are. Hang in there! Having 5G even on the lower band is a really nice improvement over 4G LTE OR heaven forbid DSL or cable. You will enjoy having 5G on the newer bands.