Question

Being Charged for 2 phone line not the Gateway Internet

• 30 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I just opened my T-Mobile bill to find a full $77 charge for a second phone line instead of my $50/$55 Gateway Home internet charge. Wtf is this? Nothing at all was discussed about a second phone line and data charges. I don’t have 2 phones from T-Mobile. One phone, one Gateway. Anyone else experience this?

I’ll be going to store tomorrow to cancel service. There’s a big difference between $55 flat and $77 not including extra data charges. The gateway doesn’t leave my house. Furious. 😡 Anyone have advice?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I just opened my T-Mobile bill to find a full $77 charge for a second phone line instead of my $50/$55 Gateway Home internet charge. Wtf is this? Nothing at all was discussed about a second phone line and data charges. I don’t have 2 phones from T-Mobile. One phone, one Gateway. Anyone else experience this?

I’ll be going to store tomorrow to cancel service. There’s a big difference between $55 flat and $77 not including extra data charges. The gateway doesn’t leave my house. Furious. 😡 Anyone have advice?

What does the plan say? What you are billed the first month versus what the plan says is different.

Your plan should say $55 per month.

Your first bill should include two charges - one charge for the pro-rated amount when you started service to the end of that month and another full $55 charge for the next month. TMO bills in advance and not in arrears. Your monthly bills from no on should be $55 or $50 (if you setup auto pay).

Also all home internet devices show up as a phone line because it uses a SIM card just like a cell phone. However, you should clearly see that the phone line is for “Home Internet”.