Question

best streaming device

• 24 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello trying to find the best streaming device to use with the TMobile home internet Gateway. i was reading and thought I saw that roku will not work with it. Does anyone know anything about that or can anyone tell me what streaming device they use? thanks in advance! 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’m using Roku Ultra, AppleTV HD, Google Chromecast withGoogle TV, and T-Mobile T-Vision hub. I use a first generation Orbi RBR50 router with RBS50 satellite (router is in AP mode).  All have worked perfectly sInce day one. I mostly use the Roku and Apple TV.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m using Roku Ultra, AppleTV HD, Google Chromecast withGoogle TV, and T-Mobile T-Vision hub. I use a first generation Orbi RBR50 router with RBS50 satellite (router is in AP mode).  All have worked perfectly sInce day one. I mostly use the Roku and Apple TV.

Holy shit, you are the expert , I use Roku and I am very happy with it, but what's the package you use ??  YouTube TV or others ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Nvidia Shield is the only streaming device I have used over the past 4 years.  No complaints on anything I have streamed over, including lots of hotel WiFi networks.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

but what's the package you use ??  YouTube TV or others ??

I use YouTube TV, along with most of the streaming services (Netflix, Peacock, Paramount +, Amazon Prime, BritBox, Acorn, AMC +, Shudder, and others). I can get to those from any of my streaming devices, but my Apple TV HD is old enough it doesn’t do 4k, so I’ll probably but upgrading it this year.

Badge

I am using Roku Ultra to stream Youtube and Amazon Prime with 0 issue. My setup is: TM Gateway → Amplifi Allien → Ethernet Switch → Roku.

Also, no issue with similar setup with LG TV.

Badge

I use Roku,Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast with Google TV, T-Vision Hub and Air TV mini. Got them ( some were free) just to see which was the best. My favorite is the Chromecast with Google TV as it has TV Input selection built in. All the streaming services all work well with the “trashcan”. Amazon Prime TV is buggy sometimes,but on their end.

I am using Roku Ultra to stream Youtube and Amazon Prime with 0 issue. My setup is: TM Gateway → Amplifi Allien → Ethernet Switch → Roku.

Also, no issue with similar setup with LG TV.

I’m looking to connect an Amplifi Alien to the TM Gateway: did you connect wired or wireless?

Are there any settings you need to adjust or do you just plug it in and connect devices to the Alien?

I can’t see any way to switch off the TM Gateway wifi, so I guess just leave that on?