Question

Bought 5G T-Mobile Internet yesterday ... but not working at all.

• 23 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi, just yesterday, I’ve got my 5G internet device and since then and now, still there’s no connection, pls advise, what should I do, return?

It comes & go, no stable, haven’t able to connect for not more than 5 mins, taking snapshots too.

I still have my old internet, that’s why able to work, because this 5G is of no use … 

Regards.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Are you familiar with the T-Mobile suggested initial setup or have you reviewed their support information for the initial setup? If you are having issues with the initial setup and the router sees NO cellular signal you should contact T-Mobile support and get an agent to provide some initial assistance. They should be able to see the connection the router makes to the tower and the connection to the primary and secondary cellular radios. 

I don’t know if you have the Nokia router or the newer Arcadyan router but both have the LED display to show the bars for signal strength. If you cannot find a window where you get several bars then it is not able to find a tower. If you have a T-Mobile cell phone and get good reception where you are it might just take a little experimentation to find the best exposure for the router. It cannot be in a location where there are metal screens or other metal clad appliances. Close to a window is best but you have to take the router for a walkabout in your home to find the best location to start with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

To reach the T-Mobile setup information:

https://www.t-mobile.com/content/t-mobile/consumer/isp/home-internet-troubleshooting-support.html#setup

It may be that T-Mobile is just now establishing the operations in your area and have not fully completed hostilities with the tower equipment. It would be a good idea to contact T-Mobile support and talk to them about the situation. If you are offered a call back I suggest taking that as often the support team reaches out pretty much on time or early as I found out several times. Ask questions and dig out as much information about the towers and the current situation in your area for the T-Mobile home internet rollout. 

If you have recorded information about the router operation. i.e. the snapshots Posting information direct into the community conversation could help. If you don’t understand the connection values recorded there are community users that can respond which do understand those values and can help out. 

Badge

obviously using this same app, which is also seems like some immature developer developed 😐

will wait till this weekend, if didn’t work, will return, don’t know how can a company of this size can launched these kind of services … 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Well, the cellular market is a very competitive environment and the fast dogs win! It is all about $$$ and making the mark. I joined the T-Mobile solution for the home internet in the BETA phase so I knew what I was getting into. Sure it had some glitches a couple of times but once they nail down the tower equipment with the cell channels and get it right it is a good solution. Well, as long as you are well within the radio umbrella for coverage and there are not too many external noise sources. T-Mobile has been the underdog for years but they kept plugging away at AT&T and Verizion to win market share. I am glad they are here as it is a more reasonable solution for less cost. I have been with the others and each has its own character and ups and downs. 

Now that T-Mobile is rolling out the new router solution that might be a bit telling about the prior Nokia router. The Nokia router I have from the BETA period seems to work pretty well. Management is limited but that is how T-Mobile prefers it. The mobile app they have is useless in my opinion. The web management to the router is OK but nothing special. I miss advanced features so the limited functionality of the current web management is a disappointment to me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

fouaddba, If you have the  Arcadyan router your best option is to call T-Mobile support. I reviewed the  Arcadyan router manual online and the interface via the web is not going to help much when it comes to trying to determine what is going on. If you need answers there will be few from the router itself. The newer router does not provide much for cellular or WIFI reporting. Support for the  Arcadyan router could be a challenge. If it works and is stable that would be great but...

I can’t believe you guys are scamming ppl out of they money