Solved

Can I get Get YouTube TV promo with T-Mobile One Unlimited 55+

Badge

I have been trying to figure out how to take advantage of the YouTube TV promo offer of $54.99 per month. I am a T-Mobile existing customer with T-Mobile One Unlimited 55+. I never signed up for TVision and never have had a YouTube TV account. I keep being told by people that I will receive a special code from T-Mobile, but I am not sure that will happen or when, because I never had a TVision account. I also don’t know if my T-Mobile plan even qualifies. 

icon

Best answer by wpc09 8 April 2021, 21:56

Called Customer Care. The link is https://promotions.t-mobile.com/tv. You fill in some information.After 3 or 4 days you get a texted promo code and instructions.

View original

10 replies

Your plan qualifies. Sign in to your account. Scroll through the page. There should be an announcement about it somewhere. Click on the link for instructions. If that fails, contact customer service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The way T-Mobile has done this promo is absolutely ridiculous!  The lack of instruction out there on how to claim it makes it even more annoying! 

Go to: promotions.t-mobile.com, enter your number, sign in, and follow the steps.  You have to wait up to 3 days for verification to receive your promotional code with instructions on how to redeem it.  I haven’t received mine yet, so I can’t really say how that is going to go.  

The person in charge of this mess needs a stern talking to for such an asinine way of doing things with absolutely no transparency and instruction on how to even do so!

Badge

I tried promotions.t-mobile.com but it requires that I already have a promo code. How and when do I receive that and by what means? Do I have to go somewhere to request it?

I must admit, I’ve never encountered a more difficult promotion to take advantage of.

(See my follow-up response below after calling Customer Care).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I used 2021PhiloP1 for the promo code. I haven't heard back yet.

Badge

Called Customer Care. The link is https://promotions.t-mobile.com/tv. You fill in some information.After 3 or 4 days you get a texted promo code and instructions.

I don’t understand all the trouble going on here. I logged into my account, clicked on the message about the changes upcoming to tvision, selected the option of you tube TV. The promo code was already given. I was set up within 5 minutes! Did not have to call customer service nor use the promotions link. Am I the only one to have no problems signing up for YouTube TV?

Badge

Why Philo? I thought every one was going to tmobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Why Philo? I thought every one was going to tmobile?

Tmobile shut down Tvision.

The problem seems to be with existing Tmobile/Youtube TV customers. I had to search the internet to get to the landing page associated with the promotion.  Also, after applying and getting the code, the instructions tell you that you must cancel your YoutubeTV subscription and then restart it.  I did that but there is nothing that confirms that the link you took yourself to and cancel/restart membership has been confirmed.  The only thing confirmed is that your membership has either been canceled or restarted.  I still don’t know if I have been given the discount.  This is a pretty bad way of working with two large corporations trying to provide a discount.  You would think they could confirm the two customers once given the request for your wanting the discount. 

I spent 1 hr and 15 minutes yesterday trying to find a T Mobile employee who had any real knowledge about the proper procedure to sign up.  Talked to 4 different representatives.  I am not impressed with T-Mobile on this.