Solved

Can't set separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz on Arcadyan KVD21 5G Gateway?

• 12 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge

All the T Mobile pages show a web GUI with “WiFi Networks” where you can (supposedly) set a combined SSID for both bands, OR, set different SSIDs for each band. My web GUI doesn’t, nor the T Mobile Internet app…

Luckily for my home automation devices, everything is connecting via 2.4GHz. Everything. Even the 5GHz enabled devices.

Is the ability to set this considered “advanced settings” that “aren’t included with this web GUI release”?

icon

Best answer by Jlee860 12 February 2022, 05:31

View original

10 replies

Mine has it. I did it on the web. It initially wouldn't connect to 5ghz but it eventually started working. Maybe there's an update.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

All the T Mobile pages show a web GUI with “WiFi Networks” where you can (supposedly) set a combined SSID for both bands, OR, set different SSIDs for each band. My web GUI doesn’t, nor the T Mobile Internet app…  

It should be there in the GUI.  It’s one of the very few configurations you can do.

Maybe the manual, page 13, may help.  First, you must log into the GUI using admin credentials, as mentioned on page 12.

Badge

Thanks for the responses, I guess patience is still a virtue. Went back to the web gui and the option now showed up. I was able to mange the Wi-Fi networks and split them. DL speed jumped from 45Mbps to over 250Mbps on the 5GHz band. Noice. Thanks again!

Badge

I can confirm that the same happened to me. Initially the whole section “Wi-Fi networks” was missing from Home screen on the web app. Next day after setup it just showed up. Using Arcadyan KVD21, firmware 1.00.12, UI version v1.7.0.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So weird - I just set mine up (version 1.00.12) and no wifi or admin login…

Hopefully it’ll just magically appear?

So weird - I just set mine up (version 1.00.12) and no wifi or admin login…

Hopefully it’ll just magically appear?

So did it magically appear after a while.  It’s 8-22-2022 and my new router does not have the admin page

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, mine did finally show up. Not sure what changed - upgrade or ???

Cool, we can only hop.  I see other comments that the admin page was removed in a new firmware update but there is script to turn off wifi via powershell  (see “nater tater” channel on youtube) and I can confirm at least that works (for now).  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes!! I was able to use this technique to disable the WiFi on my unit. 

I actually wrote a python script to do this procedure:
https://github.com/tnixon/kvd21-TMI-util

For anyone coming here looking for how to set up separate 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz wi-fi networks, that is easily doable in the T-Mobile Internet mobile app.