Solved

Can you wireless print with Home Internet

• 8 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Are you able to wirelessly print with the T Mobile home internet?

If so how do I set it up?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 10 January 2021, 16:24

View original

5 replies

I had to call and get help with my hp printer. I had to go into the network and reassign the 2.4 and 5.0 different names because the printer will only "attach" to the 2.4. I don't know technical terms.  However, my router is by a window, in an open area, and only gets 2 bars. So for n some reason my printer keeps getting kicked off. I really am not too happy yet with the "new and better wifi". Hmmmm

T MOBILE “5 G” is USELESS. I was so HAPPY to get off cable, but RUNNING back. TWO “GATEWAYS” later (Gateway to HE££?) I have spent HOURS on the phone with my “dedicated experts” “no jumping around from rep to rep” <---- ALL LIES.

In the Philippines (WHY PAY AMERICANS DECENT WAGES WHEN YOU CAN HIRE OVERSEAS FOR PEANUTS and KEEP RAKING IN PROFIT FOR DO NOTHING BOARD MEMBERS AND INVESTORS?) so NO LOCAL TEAM OF EXPERTS TO SERVE ME. 

The WIFI service I have gotten - AND MY “GATEWAY” is ON A LEDGE AND MY ENTIRE TWO STORY HOUSE IS SINGLE PANE GLASS FLOOR TO CEILING! and the “5 G” is WORSE THAN AOL CIRCA 1985!!!!  SLOW or DROPS. 

THAT MEANS I lose my INTERNET, MY TV (off cable uses only WIFI) FREEZES and WEB PAGES CRAWL TO LIFE. 

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL - FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING!  BACK TO CABLE WIFI I CAN RUN MY LIFE AND BUSINESS ON.  T-MOBILE WAS A GREAT COMPANY AND THEY HAVE GONE DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN

So the person with the heavy accent can tell me “I understand your frustration.”  No you CAN’T AS I PAY YOU TO DELIVER SUBSTANDARD SERVICE AND LIES

Badge

If the T-Mobile internet is working properly and a wireless printer is connected to the wi-fi network then printing is done using the Print command in the app that contains the data you want to print.  That Print command should launch a window in which you select the printer.  Most importantly, the T-Mobile internet is no different that any other wireless router and needs no special configuration for printing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Some printers, like my Brother MFC-9330CDW, need permission to pass through the firewall on the computer as well as software to setup the print, scan, and fax options over wireless.  Check your printers support page to see how to configure your printer for wireless printing. 

Ive got my laserjet and I was able to set it up today with tmob home internet latest trash can shaped modem.

All you have to do is connect the LAN cable with printer and other end to the modem.

Next set up the printer as LAN printer. Next open the IP of the printer in your browser and connect to wifi network. Now remove the LAN cable and you should be able to discover your printer on wifi network. If for some reason your printer doesn't show up wifi network then it could be encryption issue. Try changing the encryption using curl command. More on changing internal connection parameters can be found here.. 

https://youtu.be/_hqN7PMRyes

I hope it is helpful for someone.