Solved

Cancelling T-Mobile Home Internet

• 4 November 2020
  • 12 replies

Badge

I will be cancelling my T-Mobile Home Internet service. Do I call to cancel or do it on-line? Will they have me ship the device back or do I bring it to a local T-Mobile store? Also, am I paid through the end of the billing cycle or do they prorate from the day the service stops?

I tried calling T-Mobile Customer Care, but over an hour wait right now!

icon

Best answer by gramps28 4 November 2020, 03:19

You need to call in to cancel a voice line so I’m sure you need to call in to cancel the Home Internet service unless it’s a month to month plan.

Also you need to check to see if the router has some type of agreement when you signed up.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You need to call in to cancel a voice line so I’m sure you need to call in to cancel the Home Internet service unless it’s a month to month plan.

Also you need to check to see if the router has some type of agreement when you signed up.

I will be cancelling my T-Mobile Home Internet service. Do I call to cancel or do it on-line? Will they have me ship the device back or do I bring it to a local T-Mobile store? Also, am I paid through the end of the billing cycle or do they prorate from the day the service stops?

Call them. I was told they would send a shipping label and that the bill is pro-rated.

Call them. I was told they would send a shipping label and that the bill is pro-rated.

If they answered the phone that would be helpful, I've waited on hold for literally 4 hours and at that mark the service just hangs up on you.

I am having the same issue. If you are considering getting the T-Mobile home internet-DON’T DO IT! The customer service is deplorable. The internet service cuts out all the time and you have to repeatedly restart the modem. If you want to cancel service, good luck! You cannot return in-store. You cannot get any answers or cancel with T-Mobile customer service. They will transfer you to tech support who will never answer the call. You can’t cancel online. The only help I have found so far is on Twitter. I messaged T-Mobile support on Twitter and someone is actually helping me. Maybe in another year or two the home internet support will be better, but for now, it is not worth the trouble. Such a shame. I love my cell service and had high hopes for the home internet. Terrible!

My biggest mistake of signing up for home internet.  It is impossible to cancel.  You must call this specific department which probably has no representatives to field calls.  Already made two calls, one for 90 minutes and another 2 hours and still waiting.  Tried to go through sales, regular tmobile service but everyone transfers you to the same department.  Not sure how I can take care of this?  If TMobile people are seeing this, please help.

My biggest mistake of signing up for home internet.  It is impossible to cancel.  You must call this specific department which probably has no representatives to field calls.  Already made two calls, one for 90 minutes and another 2 hours and still waiting.  Tried to go through sales, regular tmobile service but everyone transfers you to the same department.  Not sure how I can take care of this?  If TMobile people are seeing this, please help.

Hi JayMan

Sorry to hear you are going through this too. I had the same issue. Nobody at T-Mobile tech support or customer service will help. Here’s what worked for me: if you don’t have a Twitter account make one. It’s quick and easy. Find T-Mobile customer service on Twitter and send them a message that you want to cancel. I was able to finally cancel that way. Make sure it is the verified T-Mobile customer service Twitter account. There are a lot of accounts that say T-Mobile on there. Good luck!

2 hours and 20 minutes later I did connect to a person and he helped me out with cancellation.  Never had such support experience with TM in my 5 years being with them for mobile services.  Unfortunately stores can help with home internet or TV services.  Also, it is not possible to do it from your account online.  TM needs to improve on such customer service issues especially when they are introducing new services.  I hope things did change due to Sprint merger an/or J Legere departure.

Thanks for Twitter suggestion.  Will keep in mind for future issues.

I made the mistake of getting the Home Internet as well… Now I gotta figure out how to cancel it and send it back.    I’ve heard that T-mobile has good customer service, but nope.  I guess all their people are in the phone division. I had a couple people transfer me to Home Internet dept and after that I was on hold for hours with them saying “Thanks for waiting, we will be with you shortly!” Yikes!  Looks like i should go with the Twitter way. 

It's pretty simple to cancel, you may also go the app chat route as well. I requested for them to call me. They'll email you a pre-shipping label. Send back on the original box. 

Another option is to suspend the line temporarily for 90 days and a $10 monthly fee and hope some of this issues get resolved. That's what I will do and hope the Xbox live issue gets resolved. 

Ill have to deal with Concast I little longer but I don't want to lose $50 internet price. And now the price has gone up to $60. Best of luck....

so true…. i tried getting through every way i could. I even messaged them on twitter… i cancelled the service through CS and they send me return UPS postage. They got the package 12th March. Today i got call from debt collector. Finally got through a CS, and then she said me PIN number, which be her, i created at the time of signing up for internet. It verbal and no trail of papers or emails. Now she transfered my call to tech support. still waiting…… 

PLEASE DO NOT SIGNUP FOR T-MOBILE HOME INTERNET. IT’S SUPER SLOW + IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL.   

which number do I call?

Did anyone get a refund? 

the agreement says “Cancellation and Return Policy. You may cancel your Rate Plan by going back to the original point of purchase and returning all devices you acquired with your activation within 20 days from your activation date (Cancellation Period).”