Question

cant sign in to account after cancelling a line with tmobile internet

Badge

I can’t sign into my t-mobile account after canceling a line (2GB hotspot). My account was set up with the number attached to the hotspot and now that the line is cancelled i can’t log in! I have the t-mobile home internet, only cancelled the hotspot. It keeps asking me to put in a t-mobile number to send a confirmation code to, but I only have the internet! How am I supposed to get a code to my internet??? I don’t have any phone lines with t-mobile! I need to access my bill and can’t do that! 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

https://www.t-mobile.com/contact-us

That page will provide you with phone numbers and the live chat option.

tel:1-800-937-8997 ← You call this number and they can help you. The chat services does not have the access to resolve the issue as you need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You might want to register the phone number you do have, if it is a mobile number, so you can receive the codes. Using the T-Mobile app for account info is helpful. Ask them about adding your number to the account while you are with them. I do not see any way you could get the codes with only the home internet number. I would think they could use any registered mobile phone number for that. Find out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I do not see any way you could get the codes with only the home internet number.

Appears both gateways (Nokia and Arcadyan) can receive texts and codes to their assigned T-Moble numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That is interesting. Good to know. Sure the notifications on the LED screen. I have not seen T-Mobile really advertise that “notification feature” much. Yep, it is a cellular number. Rather obscure. 

Still if the number is not the primary number then it will not help as the phone number associated with the account was deleted when the hot spot was canceled. No number on file to forward the code to then.

With mine just over 6’ off the floor with limited access hum… not the most convenient to find. Too bad they don’t forward the notifications into the web interface or the T-Mobile web application for account info. 

These messages come from the T-Mobile network and may provide outage information or other important updates. 

Attached the Gateway end user guide just in case someone wants it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Now that's funny. “These messages come from the T-Mobile network and may provide outage information or other important updates.” 

I just checked my Nokia GW. No messages. If the message about the firmware update1.2104.00.0286 did go to the gateway I will never know. Once the GW loads the update and reboots the messages appear to have all gone away. 

More to the point is, if there is an outage how does the message get there? Master, not sure how well this plan is thought out. Who actually monitors the messages to the gateway? I have never seen any proactive messages to my cell phone about planned outages in the area. They just happen. Not much to be done but wait for recovery. It is what it is.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I can’t sign into my t-mobile account after canceling a line (2GB hotspot). My account was set up with the number attached to the hotspot and now that the line is cancelled i can’t log in! I have the t-mobile home internet, only cancelled the hotspot. It keeps asking me to put in a t-mobile number to send a confirmation code to, but I only have the internet! How am I supposed to get a code to my internet??? I don’t have any phone lines with t-mobile! I need to access my bill and can’t do that! 

Perhaps if you created a new account with the T-Mobile Home Internet gateway number, you may be able to gain access to your account.

Try … https://www.t-mobile.com/isp , clicking "My Account" in the upper right corner, and then clicking "Sign up for T-Mobile ID".

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I just checked my Nokia GW. No messages. If the message about the firmware update1.2104.00.0286 did go to the gateway I will never know. Once the GW loads the update and reboots the messages appear to have all gone away.

My Nokia gateway received the same update as yours, and my gateway messages are still there.

Try sending a text to your gateway number, and see what happens.  That’s how I verified my gateway receives texts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I can do that. My messages were empty but well, mine just sits there and works. It had not been rebooted for over 2 months and was working fine. After the upgrade of the firmware it still reports the same cellular metrics for 4G and 5G so no significant change that is obvious. As long as it stays consistent that is good. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes, it can receive messages and that one came in. It does not increment the counter properly as it still says (0) messages but the message is there so it does work. I just have to get the step ladder to check it out. Having the LED screen on the side like the Arcadyan would be a bit more convenient.

Badge

I have the exact same issue here! Why t-mobile makes it so difficult for customers? I called serveral numbers, and the last rep. said he created a ticket and would call me back -- but never happened. First time t-mobile customer here and I had a very bad experience.