Question

changing security protocol

Badge

how can i change my hotspot security protocol from WPA3 to WPA2

5 replies

Badge

seems there is practically no way??? Even the website 192.168.1.12 has NOT WPA setting that can eb changed

returning Tmobile gateway after 3 weeks of hell… head smashing conversations with the most ineffective inefficient untrained customer services ever ! baffling...just baffling.. the level of incompetence.

Wpa issues...after seperating the 2.4 and 5ghz attempted to locate where the 2.4ghz can change the wpa...NO OPTION TO CHANGE.  I have 3 cameras, that were not cheap, that are now useless.  Any work around?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

NyRican56

You state, “hotspot” but that really does not reflect the actual appliance. If you are using the Nokia then it is easy. If you are using the Arcadyan gateway then watching Nater Tater’s YouTube video on the subject of the Arcadyan “hack” is helpful. With the commands you can access the gateway, copy out the configuration file, edit the settings and then send the configuration back into the gateway. If you want to have WPA, WPA2, WPA3 you can allow one or all of them. You have to establish the authentication parameters for each frequency, the 2.4GHz, and the high and low 5GHz bands. Once you have your changes done and the config is sent back in it should be good to go. If you don’t get it right no sweat just reset the gateway to defaults and do it again. If you see the video and take your time you can get it done. It takes a bit of focus and patience. 

Badge

NyRican56... thanks for the info.

But isn't that just ridiculous that a user has to hack, change code, send it into a device to get a service running that is supposed to be out of the box? 

When I called T mobile customer service, they didn't know difference between security protocol and security password! The whole thing is absurd. An immature product that wasted huge amount if time and money (in changing many other equipments) until I returned it

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I can't argue with the way a user has to jump through flaming hoops blindfolded to make necessary changes. I am not trying to defend it. I am just trying to help out and share what I know. I think it is a bit absurd that they would not at least know what a security protocol is vs a security password but getting level 1 support engineers that have more knowledge is probably not so easy. If they do hire someone that has knowledge and talent it is hard to retain them in a call center as a level 1 support engineer. The turn over at that level is pretty high. Pretty much the way it is in the business of support. 

They do need to attend to the programming of the firmware/software for the gateway and improve the interface for customer satisfaction. Hands down that is a huge issue for many users.