Question

connected without internet

• 21 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

it seems my wifi is being turned off or disabled in early morning hours... I notice it from 3:30 am to 5:00am when i use my phone to do my Bible study.  the app shows a connection but my phone shows connected without internet.  why would this be happening?  it has happened the last 2 mornings. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

First, which gateway are you using? As an example, I'm using the Arcadyan KVD21 5G gateway.

Have you created any schedule with the app or are you plugged into a power strip that might be on a timer?

Does the Internet come back by itself after 5 AM or do you have to reboot? The hours you mentioned are the same ones that T-Mobile uses to push out firmware upgrades to T-Mobile gateways.

Have you tried rebooting the client that is showing No Internet even though it is connected wirelessly to the gateway? 

If the answers to the above questions all lead to no answer, you’ll have to call Support to find out what tower you're connected to and if there is maintenance going on. There are a lot of variables is your question, but the most obvious is that the tower itself is having maintenance performed during those hours.