Question

connectivity

• 26 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am only able to get 3 bars showing ( good) in my small house.  I’ve moved the gateway several places with same results.  The only difference now is it doesn’t take as long to download streaming channels ( the free ones), but I notice when on internet some of my regular pages are not refreshing.  I’ve rebooted devices, gateway etc.  wondering if I jumped the gun getting rid of Spectrum?  

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am getting three bars and my download speeds generally range from 25 to 150, with them usually being 50 or higher. My upload speeds are generally a above 10 mbps. Go to Speedtest.net to run a speed test.

Badge

Current speed test

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

4K TV needs about 25 Gbps, so you should be plenty fast for what you are likely streaming. The upload is a little slower that what I usually see…. You could try to switch to the Tmobile server and see if that make any difference.

Badge

How do I connect to T-Mobile server?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Click on the “Change Server” in blue, then select another server. In your picture, it is the one right below

Badge

Forgive all the questions.  Do I find this in t mobile Wi-Fi app? I’m not seeing it yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

no...Look at the attachment that you sent a few messages ago. It is on the Speedtest.net page.

Badge

i have an external ant. connected or not system says 3 bars, but connect i get 150,  not connected I get 30.

Today I have an issue, I have the silver tower and a hotspot.  as is normal in the past year silver tower is out.. Home internet has the lowest priorities on the cell tower.  Cyber Monday 5AM.  I also have a hotspot 5g. normally i just switch the roku over.  Today I found the roku would not connect to the internet via the hotspot. I could use the cell phone and the laptop but not the roku.  I tried apple TV, samsung TV and an LG TV none would connect to the internet via hotspot and the silver trash can was totally out.

Apparently the internet was resevered for shopping.  I used my att phone as a hotspot and every device connected.  The issue must me tmobile.

Yes i know about Ipv6 and 4, I used the hotspot all the time because tmoble home internet drops four or five times a day.  Only one 5g tower in town.  tmoble over sold cell phones so they bump home internet users off all the time.

I find it amazing that it would be legal for a service to be able to block certain devices from their network.. What if I wanted to shop hsn or qvc?  my laptop and cell phone had no issue with the hotspot but evet tv and app box would not connect to the internet via the hotspot. Because they treat home internet as a child, the trash can tower is useless during high traffic times.

Ruku is a 12 and apple tv is fully updated and as I said I used the hotspot two days prior and everything worked fine.