disappointment

Badge

Very disappointed that T Mobile Home Internet does not work.  I was notified that this service was available to my address.  The ‘sales rep’ was adament that I would receive a very strong signal and have speeds up to 100 megabits.  I told them I live in an area that is mountainous.  Should not be a problem they say because their map shows that I will receive a good signal.  Wrong.  The Gateway arrived and the best ‘signal’ I could receive no matter where I placed it in the house was POOR!!  I even contacted the supposed service tech and they too saw my signal was POOR. But had the audacity of saying that was STILL GOOD!!  Are You Kidding Me!!  I even tried to connect some of my devices and they could not find the internet via the Gateway.  After much discussion ‘they’ finally agreed to send a return label.  Point is I should never have been given the opportunity to try. My area being what it is, unless you are close to the tower you will not get a decent signal.  I just hope I don’t have some of the problems others here have stated about billing and such.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Sorry to hear. It would be helpful to others if you can at least give a zip code of where you tried. There are a lot of variables that TMO can’t measure from tower to inside your home so I would not take a sales rep’s word on what should or shouldn’t work. They can definitely say where the service is available, just can’t tell you how well it will work until you try it.

My story is the opposite. I was told from TMO rep that others around my area were getting 100-130 mbps download but once I got the gateway inside my house I’ve been averaging 200-400 mbps for the past 4 months.

Badge

I take some responsibility for my disappointment.  A friend had recommended this and was getting excellent results.  But, admittedly he lives ‘just down the road’ from the tower.  I had done some investigating using apps that can measure signal strength and the like.   The results I was getting were marginal. But due to my friends success I allowed the ‘sales reps’ pitch get the better of me.  So, my suggestion to anyone who lives in a hilly or mountain area be aware.  Unless you live ‘just down the road’ from a tower your signal is going to be marginal.  But I am still upset with the ‘sales reps’ and the ‘service rep’ still trying to promote something that was showing ‘POOR’ signal and saying that it was still good!?  ‘POOR’ is never good.