Question

Do o really gave to wait an hour for Home Internet Customer Service?

• 14 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

This Home Internet service is getting more frustrating by the moment. I was consistently getting 1 mbps speeds so the service rep sent me a new gateway. The new gateway is worse than the old one (shows connected to the internet, but times out when I try to visit any website). Worst part of all of this - nearly every time I call the T-Mobile Home Internet Customer Service there is an hour long wait time. What’s the deal T-Mobile?  Is this going to work or not?

…and before you send me the link for “internet issues” - I’ve already done everything on that list several times…

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Have you already tried troubleshooting an overheating modem?

Badge

The modem (gateway) has been replaced. I am still having exactly the same issue. I’m told by customer service the gateway appears to be working, I have good signal strength, the towers near me have been “tweaked” with no changes at all to the internet speed. if it is an overheating issue - it is the same problem with two completely different gateways. I think it’s safe to say either there is a significant issue with overheating gateways - or there’s no overheating issue and something else is to blame. I really wish I could trace the issue and get the service I was promised. 

Oh - And to rub salt to the wounds… when I tried to call in today I was again put in a very long hold before I could talk to a representative…

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I think the device has a design flaw which makes it very susceptible to overheating.  I was rebooting every 12 hours at one point until I put a dedicated cooling fan in place.  I’ve been up for almost 5 days now on 4G speeds.  My 5G signal is connected but the tower I’m close to does not support it.  So at least my 4G is consistent.