Question

Do o really gave to wait an hour for Home Internet Customer Service?

• 14 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

This Home Internet service is getting more frustrating by the moment. I was consistently getting 1 mbps speeds so the service rep sent me a new gateway. The new gateway is worse than the old one (shows connected to the internet, but times out when I try to visit any website). Worst part of all of this - nearly every time I call the T-Mobile Home Internet Customer Service there is an hour long wait time. What’s the deal T-Mobile?  Is this going to work or not?

…and before you send me the link for “internet issues” - I’ve already done everything on that list several times…

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I think the device has a design flaw which makes it very susceptible to overheating.  I was rebooting every 12 hours at one point until I put a dedicated cooling fan in place.  I’ve been up for almost 5 days now on 4G speeds.  My 5G signal is connected but the tower I’m close to does not support it.  So at least my 4G is consistent.

Badge

The modem (gateway) has been replaced. I am still having exactly the same issue. I’m told by customer service the gateway appears to be working, I have good signal strength, the towers near me have been “tweaked” with no changes at all to the internet speed. if it is an overheating issue - it is the same problem with two completely different gateways. I think it’s safe to say either there is a significant issue with overheating gateways - or there’s no overheating issue and something else is to blame. I really wish I could trace the issue and get the service I was promised. 

Oh - And to rub salt to the wounds… when I tried to call in today I was again put in a very long hold before I could talk to a representative…

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Have you already tried troubleshooting an overheating modem?